Waltzingmouse Sketch Challenge #15

Saturday, September 18, 2010


I love this week's sketch at the Waltzingmouse Sketch Challenge blog and I'm in a good mood because I have some fabulous new stamps to play with! I'm loving Musical Backgrounds by Waltzingmouse Stamps, so beautiful! Ok, so here's my interpretation of this week's sketch.


This card started off being just pink and cream but when I decided to throw in a bit of green, it really lifted the card. I had a lot of fun playing with the Musical Backgrounds stamps, so many lovely elements! I stamped the music sheet in Memento - Rose Bud onto some cream card, I distressed the edges with Memento - Angel Pink and pleated into sections. I had to add in a bit of Victorian Fripperie, it works really well with the Musical Backgrounds set.


The sentiment is from the Sweethearts set and I rubbed the edges with some VersaMagic - Tea Leaves ink, my favorite shade of green! The pretty rose is Prima. The sweet patterned paper is a digi paper from the Happy Hearts set by Brenda and Nicole at the Digichick.


Make sure you visit the Waltzingmouse Sketch Challenge blog for some inspiration from the Design Team. Please use the keyword WMSC15 when uploading to public galleries. Can't wait to see what you come up with!

Supplies:


Card/Paper: Cream card, digital paper from Happy Hearts by Brenda and Nicole at the Digichick
Stamps: Musical Backgrounds, Victorian Fripperie and Sweethearts from Waltzingmouse Stamps
Ink: Memento - Rose Bud and Angel Pink,  VersaMagic - TeaLeaves
Other: Dusky Rose velvet ribbon, green seam binding, sewing machine, button, natural twine, pink seam binding, Prima tea rose, Creative Inspirations Paint in Ivory and Rose Quartz.

17 comments

  1. This is stunning!!Very beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow Clare that is one beautiful card....love the colour scheme, love the pleats and the Vic Frip along the top of the music paper is tops!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ooooh! What a clever card .. so pretty Clare

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty, I love the music stamp,I thought it was paper!!! The pleating looks fab,just gorgeous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stunning card Clare! So girly & feminine! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just love your pleated music panel Clare - and the wonderful colors - a beautiful anniversary card!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh this is so feminine and shabby..I love it. I especially love the music background and how you pleated it. The bit of flippery peaking out the top is perfect. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Clare, this is so romantic and beautiful! I love the folded music paper and the Frippery border is perfect! Your flower is awesome with the green ribbon and the sentiment on the tag...how perfect for an anniversary card!

    ReplyDelete
  9. How stunning Clare.. I love the musical background I am hoping my will arrive soon :).. Love the pleating with the frippery border!!Wowza:)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous card, Clare, even though I'm not a 'pink' person. I love how you've pleated the music background. The flower and green seam binding finish the card off beautifully.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is so beautiful Clare, the pleating is so effective. The whole card is stunning,
    Love Sarita xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such pretty colors, the flower is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I LOVE how you used the pleated paper Clare!! Stunning card! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love pink and green together, so pretty and what a great idea to pleat the stamped paper, gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  15. i meant to leave blog love earlier and tell you how much your paper pleating inspired me that week! the fripperie detail and your flower are just delectable. thanks, Clare!

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments, thanks!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.