Waltzingmouse Sketch Challenge #16

Saturday, September 25, 2010



A great new sketch this week at the Waltzingmouse Sketch Challenge. Lots of possibilities with this one. I'm feeling a little Christmassy so I decided to do a Christmas/ Holiday card with one of my fav Christmas color combos red and gold. 


The background paper is from 7Gypsies Conservatory collection. I stamped the snowflake from Seasons of Love - Tags by Waltzingmouse Stamps in true red. I made some slits for the red ribbon and threaded through. I went a bit mad with the layers of ribbon! 


I stamped and heat embossed the star tag from Seasons of Love - Tags in mirror gold, I love the detail in this stamp. The sentiment is from the same set and stamped in true red.

Make sure you visit the Waltzingmouse Sketch Challenge blog for some inspiration from the team. Please use the word WMSC16 when uploading to public galleries. Looking forward to seeing your creations!! : )

Supplies:

Card/Paper: Cream card, 7Gypsies Conservatory Collection
Stamps: Seasons of Love - Tags by Waltzingmouse Stamps
Ink: Ink it Up True Red, VersaMark
Other: Mirror Gold embossing powder, heat gun, sewing machine, twine, selection of ribbon.

10 comments

  1. Oooo love your take on the sketch and it does look like a fab sketch - think I'll have a go at this one x
    ((hugs)) Suzie xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning Clare!!! Beautiful embossing and love the neat ribbon treatment! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card! I love that colour scheme too, it's what we've just decorated our dining room with! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh so pretty Clare! The embossed star looks awesome - so shimmery & elegant!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful! Such a cool technique with the ribbon and such a gorgeous festive red!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your 'curtain' panels on this Clare (that's what they make me think of!) and the star, the painted edges and lovely colors!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card. I love the gold embossing. what a unique ribbon technique... :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. so pretty and festive. the ribbon treatment is so fun! wonderful holiday card, Clare!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a neat idea to use ribbon for those three vertical pieces on the sketch. And, heck, why not do a Christmas card whenever you can, right? The holiday is fast approaching!

    ReplyDelete
  10. oh what a cute take on the three panels. love the ribbon idea. and the embossing just makes it so rich and decadent. love the colors! thanks for inspiring me.

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments, thanks!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.