Card Patterns - Sketch 85

Tuesday, October 12, 2010



Wow, I actually found time to make a card for Card Patterns Sketch 85 this week! The sketch really caught my eye, I had fun with this one! I also made this with the Perfectly Placed Pleats Challenge at Moxie Fab World in mind. Here's the sketch from Card Patterns.


I usually just go with my current mood when picking a color scheme for my cards, unless it's a color challenge of course! So, I was in the mood for pale blues and greens with some cream as my neutral.


I just got some gorgeous stamps in the post from Waltzingmouse Stamps. Here I used Holiday Labels No.14 and Fancy Phrases. I don't have a die-cutting machine (shock, horror!... it's on my Christmas list!) so I cut out the labels by hand. I used VersaMagic Ink in Sage to stamp the label and sentiment.


I wasn't sure if the pleated fans would work but I think they look quite pretty! The background paper is Laura Ashley Traditional Paper. I made the little flowers from gauze bandage, simply rolled and stitched to secure. I distressed the edges of the card, label and fans with white ink.

Supplies:


Card/Paper: White card, pale blue paper, cream card, Laura Ashley Traditional Paper 12x12
Stamps: Holiday Labels No.14, Fancy Phrases by Waltzingmouse Stamps
Ink: VersaMagic Sage, Brilliance Moonlight White
Other: Sewing machine, green and white baker's twine, flat backed pearls, hole punch, cream ribbon, gauze bandage, needle and thread, foam pads, lining fabric.

17 comments

  1. Stunning Clare!!! You don't need a cutting machine if you can cut that well ... amazing! ... and you make the best flowers ever ... Have a nice day

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow .. this is gorgeous. Love the flowers - how do you make them so beautifully? Wonderful card - now I want to try this challenge too! Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Every time I visit your blog I look at something o so gorgeous and I almost forget to write a comment.... that happens often you know:)

    I can't get my eyes of this card. It's amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh My GOsh!!! This card is amazing, Its so pretty and a little vintagey, and I adore it, and I love those tags - gorgeous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have opened this sketch 3 times trying to be inspired, and it was just lost on me - but you did an AMAZING job!!! I love your card, and the way you interpreted this is perfect!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your pleated fans and gauze flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just beautiufl.. Your flowers are so stunning on top of your pleated fans.. Great work :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Clare-this is unbelievable! I love it! The pale blue rosettes are so lovely. You are so creative and I always enjoy seeing your work. :-) Amy

    ReplyDelete
  9. omg, I'm so glad I found your blog!! Your work is beyond stunning - such elegant, soft and textured vintage masterpieces!! AND your knack for making your own embellies is just unreal!!
    Oh, and it's a real delight to see somebody from so closeby - I live about 15 min drive from Limerick, in co. Clare, lol
    Hugs
    Annika

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is so soft and pretty, love all the blues you used.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is amazing! I love the gentle soft shabbiness! Let's hope to both win in the Moxie Fab challenge :) Hugs from a fellow-contestant...

    Viola
    www.violamahr.typepad.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Clare this is just gorgeous! I love those accordion sides and love how you tied them with your center die-cut. Fabulous work!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is lovely! Great use of the sketch with the pleats and I love your label cutting. Thankyou for joining us at Card Patterns,

    Anthea.

    ReplyDelete
  14. The half rosettes work so well to frame the sentiment. Great card!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I just found your blog through the Moxie Fab Challenge and am following! I think I could spend the rest of the night just looking at your blog and your beautiful work! Of course it is always nice to meet another Clare and what a bonus to find a talented paper crafter too!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hey Clare! Thanks for entering the Perfectly Placed Pleats challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments, thanks!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.