Consider it CASED!

Monday, October 25, 2010


This week's challenge #33 at The Shabby Tea Room is hosted by Debbie, the theme - Consider it CASED! The challenge is to CASE (copy and slightly edit) a Shabby Girl DT card!! Should be fun!! : ) This week's sponsor is Robyn's Fetish Digital Stamps - I Did It Creations and they're offering a great prize of some digi stamps.


They provided the team with some digi stamps to work with, I used 'Fruity Strawberries'. Where are the strawberries I hear you ask, well there was this lovely flower alongside the strawberries, so as a flower addict I decided to try and make a little 3D flower from the digis. I printed two different sized flowers, 3 large and two small, painted them with some Creative Inspirations Paint, cut them out, layered them and added a pearl centre. Turned out quite pretty!


The sentiment is from Fancy Phrases by Waltzingmouse Stamps (I love this set, use it a lot!), stamped in VersaMagic Sage and a little blue to get the right shade. I've recently acquired an addiction to Zva Creative crystals too, they're just so pretty and make a card really special. I just wish they were easier to get where I live!


Sometimes I don't like the black outlines you have with digital images, I found you can soften the look a little by just rubbing a white ink pad lightly over the edges. I used Brilliance Moonlight White, I think it just takes the harshness of the black away a bit! (Just my opinion!)


The pretty papers are from the Mariposa Stack. I only noticed when I was finished the card that the little birdie with it's wings out looks like it's perching on the baker's twine!! A happy accident! : )

Don't forget to check out all the lovely creations from the rest of the Shabby Girls!! Have a great day!

Supplies:


Card/Paper:White card, Mariposa Stack DCWV, 7Gypsies Conservatory collection
Ink: Brilliance Moonlight White, VersaMagic Sage, Memento Danube Blue
Stamps: I did It Creations - Fruity Strawberries, Fancy Phrases by Waltzingmouse Stamps
Other: Zva Creative crystals, green and white baker's twine, button, lace, sewing machine, flat backed pearl, peach seam binding, white satin ribbon, foam pads, Creative Inspirations Paint - Fairy Dust, Peach, Tickled Pink.

10 comments

  1. Absolutely beautiful, as usual, Clare! You are the queen of digi and flowers, so this one was perfect for you :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful creation Clare ... Adore it ... Know what you mean about Zva ... there are lots of crafting goodies we just can't get here in the UK ... Have a great Day

    ReplyDelete
  3. This card is stunning!!! I love it :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That IS a happy accident that the bird is resting on the twine! What a pretty card, Clare.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is totally beautiful, Clare! I faint everytime I visit your blog. The fragrance here from the flowers is fairly visible!!! :)

    Shabby Hugs,
    Viola

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh wow, Clare! So very beautiful! I'm so glad to learn of another way to make 3-D flowers. This one is so gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card, Clare! Love that flower and the color combination.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Clare, I've made my first flower using the method above. I used a flowered paper. It would have looked so much better if I'd done as you did and used a more solid color paper. Take a look at my attempt. I think I can improve as I practice more.

    http://hastingshall2.wordpress.com/2010/10/25/new-flower-technique/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful card! I love the soft colors!

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments, thanks!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.