Fall Fun!

Monday, October 18, 2010



An amazing photo for this week's challenge #32 at The Shabby Tea Room - Chocolate Covered Autumn!! Pattie is our host this week and her challenge is to create a card or project with cake, flowers, colors or all. I went with the colors for my card.


This week's sponsor is Meljen's Designs, a wonderful stamp company, their stamps are such fun! They provided us with some digi stamps to work with for our projects. There's a prize this week of four stamps of choice. Here's my card, I did just have fun with this one, I love walking through fallen leaves at this time of year and this card is a representation of that!


The digi stamps I used are Autumn Leaf & Acorn and the sentiment is a freebie Happy Fall. I looked at some real autumn leaves for the colors before I painted the leaves with watercolor paints. I added some shimmer by painting over some of the leaves with Creative Inspirations Paint.


The colors I used were Evergreen, Garnet, Chocolate, Pumpkin, and Burnt Clay. I pierced the stems and veins of the leaves for some interest. To add some dimension I used some foam pads between layers.


I know this card is a little different from what I normally do but I just love the colors of autumn leaves, even though I was a bit literal with my card! Hope you have a lovely day!

Supplies:


Card/Paper: White card
Stamps: Autumn Leaf and Acorn, Happy Fall by Meljen's Designs
Other: Watercolor paints, brush, Creative Inspiration Paints, foam pads.

7 comments

  1. Absolutely WONDERFUL, Clare! I {heart} that shimmery, painted leaves - WOW!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is absolutely stunning!

    Please could you contact me at toptiptuesday@gmail.com as I would love to ask you to be part of my DT.

    I hope to hear from you!

    Leanne xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks fantastic! I love how vibrant the leaves are, and the piercing for added interest is inspired! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Clare, how fantastic your work is! The colors are absolutely fabulous. Your leaves look so real. Very beautiful card.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love Fall and I love this leafy creation! It's beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your creation has a true autumnal spirit. Wonderful, bright work!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes it's definitely a bit different :) You could say it's "outside the box thinking". But I don't see a difference in the final result; it's gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments, thanks!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.