Mon Amie!

Saturday, October 16, 2010



I love this week's sketch at the Waltzingmouse Sketch Challenge blog, there's nothing like some direct stamping to stretch your creativity! Who would have thought labels would make a cool background stamp! I think the whole card ended up with a slightly French feel to it. I also added some pleating for the Moxie Fab World Perfectly Placed Pleats Challenge. Here's the sketch I started with.


I really love how all the Mischief Maker's and WMS DT's cards all turned out so differently even though we all used the same sketch! I'm always excited to see what they'll come up with, they're such a talented bunch! Humbled to be amongst them!!


Yes, I am still playing with flowers, I think it is an addiction! I love these ones because they're SO quick to make. The centre is a simple rolled flower (tutorial here) from gauze bandage (I love the shabby texture) that I dyed in coffee, I didn't glue mine, I just stitched straight through in different directions to hold it together. The frill at the back of the flower is a torn length of cream dress lining (also dunked in coffee!) running stitch along one side and gathered. I stitched both pieced together but you could glue them. Flat backed pearl on top.


So, the background I repeat stamped using Holiday Labels No.14 by Waltzingmouse Stamps, I added the little motif to the centers of some and I used the motif from Victorian Fripperie for the others. The pretty sentiment is from Fancy Phrases. I distressed the edges by sponging with Coal Creative Inspirations Paint.

Don't forget the monthly Friends of WMS Blog waltz tomorrow, the theme is Autumn/Harvest. More details here. Have a lovely day! : )

Supplies:


Card/Paper: White card, deep cream/ warm biscuit paper, black card
Ink: Black Ink it Up
Stamps: Holiday Label No.14, Fancy Phrases and Victorian Fripperie by Waltzingmouse Stamps
Other: Gauze bandage, lining fabric, flat backed pearl, lace, Coal Creative Inspirations Paint, sewing machine, ribbon.

13 comments

  1. what a gorgeous card, clare! i looove your flower! it's so yummy!! you always make the prettiest flowers! love the stamping and the lace. thanks for sharing and have a great weekend! *hugs* steph :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow, this is gorgeous, and yep it certainly is a french feel, and I love it, it truly is beautiful, You are one very talented lady and I am so glad I stumbled across your blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Clare - Oh la la!!! This is great. Who knew that the label 14 set would make such a lovely background? Such a pretty card.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love how you used the label stamp for the background Clare! your flower is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is beautiful and yes, the background is clever!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Clare!

    I've been thinking about you :) I think I'm close to being able to start a digi design team and was wondering if you might be interested? I know you have other DT responsiblities and might not have time and interest - but I thought I'd ask.

    If you are interested can you e-mail or leave a comment on the blog so I can give you more specifics?

    Beautiful card (as always!) :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. this is so elegant, Clare. LOVE the stamped background, you are a genius! LOVE THIS!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. wowee, Clare! I always love your beautiful, gentle and shabby cards! :) Haven't I said it before!? All the best on the challenge, hugs from a fellow contestant! :)

    Viola

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nostalgic, shabby, chique, elegance...this card has it all. It took my breath away; so so beautiful........

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous card, Clare. I love Waltzing Mouse sketches ... so simple and elegant. I'm off to see what I can come up with!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is very pretty! I love how elegant and vintage it looks!! Great job with the sketch! ♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your flower is gorgeous! What a lovely card!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hey Clare! Thanks again for entering the Perfectly Placed Pleats challenge in the Moxie Fab World! :)

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments, thanks!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.