my first mini album

Sunday, October 3, 2010



Ok, this is my first mini album ever! I made it for the Scrapzville swap, we all had to make the same size album from toilet roll inserts (I love recycling!) here's the link for the video tutorial on how to make it. There's another tutorial at The Hybrid Chick based on the same idea. We also had to include the image of a little fairy somewhere in the album. My swap partner is Michelle, I can't wait to see what she's created. This is also for this week's City Crafter Challenge - Flowers and Frills, the challenge is to include a flower and some lace or doily.


Some of the details, the butterfly is from Tattered Angels and I just covered it in turquoise glitter. The little circle tag is from Seasons of Love - Tags by Waltzingmouse Stamps. I added a little pink seam binding too.


The flower is one of the shabby flowers I made, there's a tutorial at The Hybrid Chick, they're really easy to make, have a look!!


I had a single vintage clip on earring that just matched my color scheme perfectly, you can't have too much bling, can you?


Each page has a slide out tag, where you can add a little photo, text or whatever you like. Most of the papers I used are from the Retrospect 365 Paper Pack by Quirky Twerp at The Digichick, they're so gorgeous!! I haven't included every page and tag in this blog post, this is just a taste!


Inside I made a mini envelope for... stuff! The floral paper is from Happy Hearts Paper Pack at the Digichick. I distressed the edges of the pages with Creative Inspirations Paint in Sage and Ivory.


Here's my fairy, painted with Creative Inspirations paint. I added some stamped details from the Victorian Fripperie set by Waltzingmouse Stamps in VersaMagic Tea Leaves, a little lace and a few pearls.


Another page, the little dove is also Tattered Angels, I added the pearl. The ledger page is also from the Retrospect 365 Paper Pack.


The dotty paper is also from the Digichick. The cute crochet flower I got on ebay, I'm learning to crochet at the moment!! I will hopefully be able to make my own flowers soon! : )


Here's what the back of the album looks like, I just love this pretty floral paper, also from the Retrospect 365 Paper Pack. It's just so pretty! The turquoise seam binding ties around the album to keep it closed. I really enjoyed making it, although it did take a LOT longer than a card! but it was fun!! : ) I may just make another!

10 comments

  1. No, you can't have enough BLING! Your album is FABBY :) I {heart} each and every single page! WOW!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A handmade jewel; what more can I say......

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so Fabulous.. I love it.. You have out done yourself here... So glad you played along with us this week at CCCB!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is stunning, so full of shabby goodness, lovely soft tones, and that bling, wow, I love it from front page to the end.... Thanks for playing along with us at CCCB!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Clare, this is stunning! How lucky your swap partner is to receive this!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is gorgeous! Amazing details and perfectly feminine! You made this for a swap? I would never be able to let it go!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a beautiful album, I love all the elements you have used, and its soft and pretty. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful, Claire! I tried the flowers. A candle is definitely better than a heat tool, but I think I will stick to card stock and paper! Your flowers are beautiful, though! Your package is off tomorrow. My daughter just got back from a flea market in Denver with some lace for you. I was having a hard time finding stuff for you. I can not imagine sending lace to a gal in Ireland! Home of beautiful lace and doilies!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So beautiful ... what a great idea ... you make such lovely stuff ...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Incredibly gorgeous in every way! Thank you for playing along at CCCB!

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments, thanks!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.