PDCC #51

Friday, October 15, 2010



I couldn't resist the gorgeous color challenge over at the Play Date Cafe this week, such a beautiful, soft palette. Here's what I came up with.


I love the new Text It Stamp set by Waltzingmouse Stamps, it's great for backgrounds. I stamped it here using Brilliance Moonlight White. I stamped some pretty little butterflies from Laura Ashley over that.


The sentiment is from Fancy Phrases by Waltzingmouse Stamps, stamped using VersaMagic Magnolia Bud. I made the little rolled flower from gauze bandage that I dyed with coffee! I love these flowers, so quick to make! Here's the link to the tutorial. The piece behind it is a gathered piece of dress fabric lining also dyed with coffee.


I prettied it up a little with some Zva Creative self adhesive crystals, love these! I distressed the edges of the card a little with some Tim Holtz Distress Ink in Antique Linen. I'll definitely use this color combo again, I think it had a relaxing effect on me!! : )

I'll be back tomorrow with my card for the new sketch over at the Waltzingmouse Sketch Challenge Blog. You won't want to miss it, it's a super sketch!

Supplies:


Card/Paper: White card, blue paper, pale green paper
Stamps: Text It and Fancy Phrases by Waltzingmouse Stamps, Laura Ashley Collage Stamps
Ink: Brilliance Moonlight White, VersaMagic Magnolia Bud, Tim Holtz Distress Ink Antique Linen
Other: Sewing machine, Zva Creative self adhesive crystals, lace, gauze bandage, flat backed pearl, narrow beige satin ribbon, foam pads, dress lining fabric, button.

14 comments

  1. Gorgeous, gorgeous card, especially with that gauze bandage rose - beautiful! Thanks for playing in the play date cafe with this exquisite card :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woweee!! That card is amazing. I love it! And that flower is pure genius.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful soft card! Love that flower...so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous, love the bling and the beautiful flower, love the colour combo too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a gorgeous background, I love how you've overstamped the text. Beautiful card, really lovely! Thanks for joining in with the fun this week at the Play Date Cafe!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, thank you, thank you, Clare for the tute for the gauze flowers. What beautiful adornments they make! Your card is so fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stunning Clare! Love your flower blossom! Thanks for playing at the PDCC.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous card! Love the soft feel to the card. Great use of the colors. Glad you joined us this week at the PDCC.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is simply beautiful I love the gentle tones and that flower is beautiful!
    Chrissie

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the soft colors and your card is stunning. That flower is a jewel..........

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my God!! This is so pretty!! Love the flower... thanks for sharing the tutorial.

    Hugs,
    Smita

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful! So soft, delicate and feminine! Love that fabulous flower! Thanks for playing along with us at the Play Date Cafe!

    ReplyDelete
  13. OHHHHH! This is so shabby chic! I love it!! Beautiful all around:) Thanks so much for joining in the fun and playing along with the PDCC!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful card! Love how you stamped your own background paper. And awesome flower - so ingenious!!! TFS

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments, thanks!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.