Pearl and lemon

Saturday, October 9, 2010


Another new sketch at the Waltzingmouse Sketch Challenge blog this week (WMSC18). I'm still playing with the Musical Backgrounds set by Waltzingmouse Stamps, I just love it! I got these lovely lemon Prima flowers recently so I decided to go with a Pearl and lemon color combo this week.


Here's this week's sketch. I don't really like triangles so I just took them as elements. The centre flower and small one I made, there's a link to the tutorial here. The others are Prima. Yes I did stick all those little sequins on at the bottom!


The sentiment is from the Seasons of Love - Tags set by Waltzingmouse Stamps. I stamped it in lemon yellow and added some white paint around the edges.


To make the flowers pop a little more I sponged some more white acrylic paint over the tops of the flowers.  Oh yea, the musical background I heat embossed in silver pearl.


The little flower shaped pearl embellishment came from an old vintage earring as did the little pearl leaves. I threw in a few buttons too. I think this would make a special anniversary card!


The Mischief Makers and WMS DT have come up with some fabulous creations this week, be sure to check them out at the Waltzingmouse Sketch Challenge blog.

Supplies:


Card/Paper: White card, lemon paper
Stamps: Musical Backgrounds and Seasons of Love - Tags by Waltzingmouse Stamps
Ink: Versamark Ink, Impress Ink Lemon Yellow
Other: Acrylic paint in white and lemon yellow, pearl sequins, buttons, flat backed pearls, natural twine, sewing machine, lemon seam binding, vintage pearl earring, shabby flower, silver pearl embossing powder, heat gun, lace, picot edge lemon ribbon, yellow organza ribbon, Prima flowers.

18 comments

  1. what a BEEE-UUU-TEEE-FUL card, clare! i adore you flowers! they are so gorgeous! i think i saw it on kirsty's blog once and was in awe. love the colors you've selected for your card. so yummy! love the stitching, trims, buttons...thanks for sharing :)! have a great weekend! *hugs* steph :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi Clare! I'm totally excited to find ya! Another shabby-chic girl! :) That's my *fave* style too. Would love to drop by your blog often, and if you have time, do visit me at www.violamahr.typepad.com, would be wonderful to have you there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Clare

    What a totally gorgeous card - really fresh with the lemon colours - and so much detail - you must have lots of patience with all those sequins!! One day I will have a go at your tutorial for making those flowers - just need to get the right material....

    Hugs

    Tina
    X

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely card, and your cards are always beautiful, but I love the lemon tones, gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such an elegant card, love the white embossed musical notes! Beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So much wonderful sparkle with the sequins and embossed text Clare! love your beautiful row of blooms too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous card, Claire! Love these soft yellows and whites! Those flowers are magnificent!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is a beautiful card Clare, I love the different flowers with the buttons & pearls :)

    Hugs
    Tracey
    x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow that is a stunning card Clare...love the sweet colours and the sequins at the bottom are ab fab.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What an elegant card! Love the added touch of the buttons.

    ReplyDelete
  11. oh my! this is so beautiful--I love the soft colors!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful colours combining to make an absolutely gorgeous card.

    ReplyDelete
  13. such beautiful fresh colors and the cluster of embellishment is gorgeous. wonderful card!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Scrummy colours, so soft and pretty! You must have the patience of a saint to stick all those sequins on lol! LOve the different elements on this, so much to look at.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm smitten. I can't get my eyes of it ( well for a minute to make this comment :) )
    Clare it's fabulous; as always. Love love love it!

    ReplyDelete
  16. love it iT'S absolutely gorgeous!!
    You shure inspire me to use yellow and whitesome time!
    It's so sunny and fresh.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Ok...I guess I am writing to complain. I have lost most of my morning being unable to pull myself away from your blog site! Thank heavens you have not been blogging for years and years or I would be found on my couch drooling over your beautiful creations! Thank you ??? for sharing your incredible talent...it is so inspiring!

    stampingjane...living vicariously thru others creativity (while trying to settle and unpack) from a move

    ReplyDelete
  18. thanks for the lovely comments, means a lot!! : )

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments, thanks!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.