Vintage Halloween

Monday, October 4, 2010



My first Halloween card and I actually really enjoyed it!! This week's challenge (week #30) at The Shabby Tea Room  is 'Vintage Halloween', our host this week is Lisa and she provided us with a wonderful inspiration photo. The challenge is to use the photo and/or color scheme to make a vintage style Halloween card. Here's the photo.


This week's sponsor is Sassy Studio Designs, a super digital stamp company. They provided the Shabby Girls with some spooky Halloween Sentiments for our creations this week! So much fun! : ) There's a prize of some great digi stamps this week too!


The orange patterned paper I used is from the Mariposa Stack and the fabby black and white vintage print is from Fabrications Classic Paper Pack by Quirky Twerp at the Digichick. I did some spooky distressing on the edges with some Pumpkin and Coal Creative Inspirations Paint.


The creeeepy sentiment is from Sassy Studio Designs, distressed again with Creative Inspirations Paint. Wait! there's more..... inside!


I used some more of Sassy Studio's Halloween sentiments, a creepy verse from Shakespeare and vintage badge. I went a bit mad with the distressing and fake blood using Creative Inspirations Paint.


I had this vintage earring that came in a lot of old earrings, I never thought I'd use it but it was just perfectly creepy enough for a Halloween card, the tree has crows flying around it! I painted the ribbon with the Pumpkin paint to tie everything together and it wouldn't be Halloween without a bat!! : )

Wait 'til you see what fabulously spooky and vintage creations the Shabby Girls have come up with, just brilliant!! : )

Supplies:


Card/Paper: Black card, Mariposa Stack, Fabrications Classic by Quirky Twerp at The Digichick
Stamps: Halloween Sentiments from Sassy Studio Designs
Other: Creative Inspirations Paint in Pumpkin and Coal, Vintage earring, black velvet ric rac, cream ribbon, fabric bat, black button, lace, sewing machine, foam pads.

12 comments

  1. Simply wonderful, Clare! So simple, yet so much impact with your design! I love it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Clare

    I just love your DT card on the Shabby Tea Room blog. I've also had a good old nose around your blog and love all your work! I've even had a look at your tutorial to make those gorgeous vintage fabric flowers with the candle - so thanks for that!

    Speak soon.

    Tina
    X

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is brilliant Clare ... what a great earring!! Made especially for your card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow.. Love this Clare.. What a spooky Bat!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Clare,
    I think your work is brilliant! Not only your amazing Halloween card, ALL your cards are outstanding!
    I read your burnt fabric flower tutorial on Hybrid Chick, and was soooo happy to now know how it's done! Anyways, I was eager to try it! When I post my card on my blog tonight I plan to add a link back to you, I thought you would like to know!
    Thanks,
    Farrah

    ReplyDelete
  6. Claire, this is indeed brilliant! I love your vintage Halloween card! Halloween is fun!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous shabby Halloween card. Love the button in the middle of the ribbon, it fits so well.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Clare, this is fabulous! Love the vintage halloween card! And the button in the middle of the ribbon is just perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your earring is the perfect finishing touch on a fabulous card; it's breathtaking!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful Clare - I love all the distressing and that earring is the perfect touch! :)

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments, thanks!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.