Waltzingmouse Sketch Challenge #17

Saturday, October 2, 2010



Oooh, stamp direct to background sketch this week at the Waltzingmouse Sketch Challenge! I flipped the sketch for my card : ) Taking a break from Christmas cards this week! Here's what I came up with.


I love this color combo, one of my favorites! I stamped the background in VersaMagic Tea Leaves using the Musical Backgrounds set by Waltzingmouse Stamps. I distressed the edges a bit with Tim Holtz Victorian Velvet.


I used the label from the Afternoon Tea set and just masked the centre, I love the shape!  I stamped it twice, once in pink and once in green and layered them. The sentiment is from the Sweethearts set by Waltzingmouse Stamps. I added a little tulle and Prima flower.


I pleated the ribbon and stitched on the sewing machine, I love the texture this brings to a card. I used foam pads to layer the sentiment too.

As always we have a fabulous and diverse selection of cards from the DT, pop over and grab some inspiration at the Waltzingmouse Sketch Challenge blog!!

Oh yea, almost forgot, Happy World Cardmaking Day!!! AND to celebrate head over to the Waltzingmouse Stamps blog and check out the very special free digi image from Claire!! Anyone who uses the image to create a card/project and links it in by 11:59 EST on Sat, October 9th, has a chance to win a stamp set of choice!! Can't wait to see what you come up with! : )

Supplies:


Card/Paper: Cream card
Stamps: Afternoon Tea, Sweethearts, Musical Backgrounds by Waltzingmouse Stamps
Ink: VersaMagic TeaLeaves, Memento Rose Bud, Tim Holtz Distress Ink Victorian Velvet
Other: Pink tulle, hot pink grosgrain, green seam binding, flat backed pearls, twine, sewing machine, foam pads, Prima flower Lilliput Roses Teaberry.

11 comments

  1. Beautiful Clare ... love the colours

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow! this is gorgeous, Clare. such pretty colors!

    ReplyDelete
  3. super!!! love the colors , the way you did the ribbon and used the stamp.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pretty, pretty, pretty, Clare :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the greens and pinks on this Clare - and your wonderful pleated ribbon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card, Clare! I love the color combination also.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just beautiful Clare. I love this music background and such a pretty bow !

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful Clare! Love those colours and that bow with all the fun elements is over the top!

    ReplyDelete
  9. oh this is just beautiful. i love the color choices - so delicate and refreshing. and the detail around your label (ribbon, flowers, stitching of ribbon) so wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  10. So lovely! The colors you used are just divine!

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments, thanks!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.