Cardmaking & Papercraft Mag (UK) Issue 86

Sunday, November 28, 2010



Cardmaking & Papercraft Magazine (Issue 86) is out now, I have a few projects in it. I made some Christmas Tree place cards with quilled baubles and for the Kids Corner there's a Letter to Santa (tried and tested by the lovely Isabelle!)


Here's the article on how to make the Christmas Tree place cards, with very simple quilling! I made them in three different color schemes. Here's some pics of the place cards I took before I sent them to the magazine.


I kept the lines really clean and simple, each card has colored card on the inside to match the color of the quilled baubles.


This is my favorite color combo, I love gold and cream together, always elegant.


Pink and silver is a little more modern but still pretty. There's a template for the tree shape in the back of the magazine. 

The second project is for the Kids Corner section, I had to come up with something simple that a child could make with the assistance of an adult. I had to let the child try it out and photograph the process! Of course I asked Isabelle (my daughter) would she like to have a go, she was so excited!! I had to make it pretty easy for her, she's only 3!! 



So we made a Letter to Santa card, with space to add your wish list. Isabelle did some simple stamping with a bottle, I attached a foam sticker (snowflake) on to the top of a bottle lid and with some white ink she make her own snowflake paper. I bought some fun foam Christmas stickers and she stuck these around her card. She had so much fun making it and loved having her picture in the magazine!


She's such a pro and at the tender age of 3!! (I'm a very proud mommy!!) 




5 comments

  1. congrats, clare!! love your placecards, those buttons are so pretty! your daughter is a cutie! love the card that she made. she is a pro, wowee, and she's only three :). thanks for sharing and have a wonderful day! *hugs* steph :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on the magazine feature! Love the projects! Your daughter is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats Clare! Those trees are amazing...definitely worthy of publication and your dd is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  4. love the sweet smile on your girl's face! you should be proud! she made a super cute card! your holiday place cards are so pretty, too. love the quilled baubles. fabulous projects and congrats on the pub!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ahhh what a cutie! She looks so chuffed with her letter. Love the place cards, a great idea, and love the little quilled baubles.

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments, thanks!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.