Christmas Greetings!

Monday, November 1, 2010


This week's Shabby Tea Room challenge #34 (Country Kitchen) - is to create a card or project based off of the colors, patterns or objects in the photo below. I went with the vibrant colors and the polka dots of course!! What a great photo!


This week's sponsor is There She Goes and there's a lovely stamp set up for grabs! 

 

I used Holiday Labels No.14 by Waltzingmouse Stamps for the label, I wasn't sure if all the dots would work together but I like how it turned out! The sentiment is from Compliments of the Season by Waltzingmouse Stamps (a must have vintage inspired Christmas sentiments set!! love it!!)


A little bit of off white seam binding and red n' white baker's twine add to the Christmas vintage vibe! The rolled bit of fabric at the bottom is gauze swab that I dyed in coffee (yes, Niall thinks I totally mad!) I have dyed some in tea (gives a more orangey brown color) and chamomile (a lovely cream).


I love these colors together, they're so vibrant and cheery!! The fab polka dot papers are Flutterbies Dots by MKC at the Digichick, really cool papers, love em! The wee bits of lace are from my stash. Hope you have a lovely day! This card is also for this week's Show Something Shabby Challenge at Simon Says Stamp and Show.

Check out what the talented Shabby Girls have created this week, I'm sure you'll be impressed!

Supplies:


Card/Paper: Flutterbies Dots by MKC at the Digichick, cream card, text paper from the Conservatory Collection by 7Gypsies
Ink: Black Archival Ink, True Red Ink it Up, Tim Holtz Distress Ink in Antique Linen
Stamps: Compliments of the Season and Holiday Labels No.14 by Waltzingmouse Stamps
Other: Lace, button, off white seam binding, foam pads, gauze swab, sewing machine, red and white Baker's twine.

9 comments

  1. What a super card - I love the vibrant colours - yet still so festive.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So creative Clare ... great job! ..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooohhhh ... I {heart} that stamp set and what a pretty card! ALL of your cards are pretty, Clare! It seems as though you are the 'winner' from last week's CASED challenge ... so many people copied your card! BTW, have downloaded my first batch of goodies at The Digichick and will be creating this week -- I'm excited to post my first project :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Non traditional Christmas colors and it's fabulous. Beautiful Clare; as always :)!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very nicely done! Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp & Show Challenge Blog.

    ReplyDelete
  6. A beautiful Christmas card, Clare!

    ReplyDelete
  7. ah! so pretty, so sweet, Clare! :) Love it ~ as always!

    hugs,
    Viola

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments, thanks!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.