Holly & gingham!

Saturday, November 13, 2010


A fairly simple sketch this week at the Waltzingmouse Sketch Challenge. I went with a simple red, green and white color scheme, for some reason when I use white I want to keep the lines clean and simple. This is as clean and simple as I can get! Anyway, here's the sketch!


I was delighted when I received my new stamps in the post yesterday, just in time for the sketch challenge! I love the new stamp set Festive Foliage by Waltzingmouse Stamps, so many great elements and I'm a big fan of holly!


The sentiment is from the Seasons of Love - Tags stamp set. There's also a little bit of Musical Backgrounds in there too. The little rosette I made from some gathered gingham ribbon and a button.


Don't forget to check out the Waltzingmouse Sketch Challenge blog for some inspiration from the Mischief Makers and the WMS Design team.

Oh and don't forget the Friends of Waltzingmouse Stamps Blog Hop on the 17th of November, the theme is Christmas! : )

Supplies:


Card/Paper: White card, red paper
Stamps: Festive Foliage, Musical Backgrounds and Seasons of Love - Tags by Waltzingmouse Stamps
Ink: Ink it Up - True Red, Impress Ink - Emerald
Other: Sewing machine, red and white stitched ribbon, gathered gingham ribbon, narrow red ribbon, red and white baker's twine, red button, Spellbinders - Tags Trio, Big Shot.

7 comments

  1. Beautiful! Festive colours and clean lines...a gorgoeus Christmas card! Love your gingham flower!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card Clare ... love your ribbon rosette

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely card Clare, and I love that gingham flower, sheesh, you do those so well (smiles)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh EEEEK! I love your cute, cute flower, Clare!! And the whole card is a delight to the eye. You're fab! Thanks for sharing.

    hugs,
    Viola

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow - what bold clear colors for you Clare! Usually you are more shabby chic! love this with the beautiful ribbon circle around the button!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your rosette is gorgeous. It's one the first "CAS" cards I see at your blog and it's fabulous. I love the colorscheme; traditional but also classic and bright. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. love these festive colors and your ribbon flower is beautiful. fabulous card, Clare!

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments, thanks!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.