Holly shaped vintage tags

Monday, November 29, 2010



I made some holly shaped tags for this week's challenge at The Shabby Tea Room. The challenge is 'Get in Shape' - make a card or project with a shape, no squares or rectangles! I just drew the holly shape free hand and cut out.


I used Spellbinders Impressabilites Snowflake for the background and I rubbed a Tim Holtz Distress Ink pad in Antique Linen over it to get that soft vintage color.


The sentiment is from Christmas Nested Frames and Occasions by JustRite. I love the pretty frames in this set, really versatile. I added some seam binding, red ribbon, some Baker's twine and a little gold bell (love these!).


I also made little quilled candy canes, really quick and simple, just some tight closed coils in red and cream glued together at the edges topped with a twine bow. I love making pretty tags, wrapping a gift in simple brown paper, tying with some red ribbon and adding that unique gift tag. Always looks special.


This week's sponsor at The Shabby Tea Room is Just Rite. Don't forget to check out what the Shabby Girls have created this week, I'm sure you'll be inspired!

Supplies:

Card/Paper: White card, red patterned paper from Retrospect 365 by Quirky Twerp at The Digichick
Stamps: Christmas Nested Sentiments, Christmas Nested Frames and Occasions by Just Rite
Ink: Ink it Up - True Red, VersaMagic - Tea Leaves, Tim Holtz Distress Ink in Antique Linen
Other: Sewing Machine, gold bell, Spellbinders Impressabilites Snowflake, Big Shot, twine, lace, Baker's Twine, seam binding, red ribbon, sticky fixers, Zva Creative crystal, cream quilling paper, deep red quilling paper.

14 comments

  1. Oh my goodness, those tags are beautiful, and I love love love the candy canes, so sweet!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous Clare ... you are so clever ... just love these and your quill candy canes look great ...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Draw a holly free hand? WOW! I love these tags; your candy cane is stunning. Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are OUT OF THIS WORLD beautiful, Clare! I love the shape of the holly leaves and all the embellies you incorporated into your design. I {heart} to quill and adore your {sweet} candy canes ... so clever! I'll have to give those a try!!! Thanks for the lovely inspiration :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Clare

    What gorgeous creations - just love what you've done here - the quilled candy canes - how cute!

    Tina
    X

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is GORGEOUS! I love it Miss C! You're great at the hand-cutting too! :) Simple things like that work the best ... can't get over the beauty of these little tags!

    hugs,
    Vio

    ReplyDelete
  7. These will certainly be a beautiful added gift to any present!

    ReplyDelete
  8. this is so pretty, Clare! your details are always amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Perfect shape card for the holiday, you are good, free hand drawing? that is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love this! I nominated you for a Creative Blogger Award. You can find the details at my blog. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  11. The details of your tags are wonderful. Love the background with snowflakes and your tiny candy canes are precious. The tags are just lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  12. So pretty, just perfect!!! Love them!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow you did a wonderful job on this tag...its beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gasp!!! OMG...this is too clever! Those candy canes are amazing and the entire tag(s) is just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments, thanks!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.