a little fun with felt!

Saturday, November 6, 2010


Hello, feeling slightly more Christmassy now that Halloween's out of the way. So I made a Christmas card for this week's Waltzingmouse Sketch Challenge in my favorite Christmas colors red and green. There's nothing like a bit of fuzzy felt to add a bit of warmth and texture to a card. So, here's this week's sketch. I didn't take the circles literally, I just took them as elements! : )


The felt flower I made, the top section is a spiral cut flower from red felt and the base part is rolled felt string. I sewed the two sections together and stitched on a little button.


I'm still so in love with these sentiments from Compliments of the Season by Waltzingmouse Stamps, the font is just gorgeous! And Holiday Labels No.14, I just love the dots!!


For the holly I just cut out some simple holly leaf shapes from green felt and added a little red and white baker's twine stitching along the centre. For the top section of the card I used Text-It by Waltzingmouse Stamps to stamp the text background in VersaMagic Tea Leaves. I also used Tim Holtz Distress Ink in Antique Linen on the edges.


The gorgeous green dotty paper is from Christmas Promise - Paper Pack by Karen Lewis Designz from The Digichick, so many gorgeous papers in this pack! I really love this shade of green, just perfect!

Pop over to the Waltzingmouse Sketch Challenge blog for some fabulous inspiration from the ladies!

Ooooh and you won't want to miss the new release on this Sunday at Waltzingmouse Stamps, Claire has some gorgeous goodies for you!! Be sure to pop by!

11 comments

  1. Oh I so want to be you when I grow up lol, another fabulous card, I love that sentiment, and the flower is just gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous Clare ... love your felt embellies

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is beautiful Clare, if I can only have one christmas card this year, this is the one, great felt flower too!
    Thanks for sharing and have a fun-filled Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Totally cute! Love your felt flower and button holly berries! Fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. so cute! love all the felt embellishments!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my...I'm smitten.... I think you know what I mean :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yummmm I love that rolled felt flower! Time to get me some good good felt :) Thank you for sharing, dear!

    hugs,
    Viola

    ReplyDelete
  8. P.S. of course the WHOLe card is totally sweet, and not just the flower... I get carried away sometimes :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous, love the holly and flower, so festive.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a charming card !
    Love to see you at my challenge - http://angsandy.blogspot.com/2010/11/sandys-challenge-1.html

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments, thanks!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.