Operation Christmas Child

Monday, November 22, 2010



This week's challenge at The Shabby Tea Room is 'Pick a Cause' - create a card/project in honor of your favorite cause or charity. I picked Operation Christmas Child by Samaritans Purse because the local school (where my daughter attends pre-school) was taking part in the scheme. Operation Christmas Child sends shoeboxes filled with gifts to children in parts of Africa, Central Asia and Eastern Europe for Christmas. You donate by wrapping a shoebox and filling it with the gifts and items recommended on their leaflet, you pick whether it's for a girl or boy and for what age group. They also have an online shoebox facility, where you pick what you want to put in to your box but they pack the box and send it - Shoebox World (A really great idea!) We really enjoyed packing the box and buying some special gifts for a child this Christmas, we'll definitely do it again next year.


So, for my cards this week I wanted them to be fun and cheerful. I thought the color challenge this week at The Play Date Cafe was just perfect, bright and lively! A lovely combination of Red, Olive and Turquoise. I used stamps from Bountiful Baskets Additions from Waltzingmouse Stamps, I thought they were just perfect for these cards!


I used the same papers in the three cards, in different combinations. I used some Creative Inspirations Paint to color the stamped images. I love those little gingerbread people and candy canes, so cute!


The sentiments are from the same stamp set Bountiful Baskets Additions. I added some matching ribbon and some red and white Baker's twine on each of the cards.


I added a little bit of glittery ribbon across the bottom of each card, I don't think you can see it in the photos but it really sparkles!

If you visit The Shabby Tea Room you'll see what wonderful causes and charities the rest of the Design Team have chosen, along with their beautiful creations.

This week's sponsor is June Lanum, her trinket pins are just gorgeous, I couldn't fit them in with my card designs this week but I added them to my card last week. I'll definitely be adding them to some more of my creations.

I'll add my supplies list a bit later, fighting a cold at the moment, need to get a bit of sleep (this is a scheduled post!) Have a great day!

13 comments

  1. So bright, so vibrant ... so sweet! Just perfect, Clare :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea ... I'm sure these will be treasured ...They are beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous cards, and a great cause too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such sweet cards Clare - I love them all!
    Pattie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely holiday cards, wonderful coloring! Thanks for playing at the PDCC.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love Operation Christmas Child and our family packs boxes each year! We love being able to do this! Thank you for making others aware of this wonderful cause!

    Your cards are adorable! I love the colors, the layout, they just look so festive!

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are awesome. I love Operation Christmas Child too. Our church is the drop off location for our area. Yesterday we totaled the boxes. (1176) We also learned that someone broke into one of the churches and stole the boxes they collected. How low is that? I know that the recipients of your cards are going to love them

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love these cards, Clare! What a thoughtful gift idea the charity sponsors!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful cards. Lovely use of the colors! Glad you joined us this week at the PDCC.

    ReplyDelete
  10. These are adorable cards! Love the different contents of the basket on each one of them. The charity you high lighted sounds wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Clare...it's always so lovely to have you play with us in The Cafe...this set of cards is so sweet and a beautiful entry for our gallery and this wonderful cause.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the bright and fresh colors; they are perfect for the cause.....Gorgeous cards!

    ReplyDelete
  13. OHHHHH! These cards are simply beautiful! I LOOOOOOOOVE them! Great job--Thanks so much for playing along with us and joining in the fun over at the PDCC!! We appreciate and love our players:}

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments, thanks!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.