The Play Date Cafe - PDCC #54

Tuesday, November 9, 2010




**** YAY, my card made it into the FAB FOUR at the Play Date Cafe!! ****

I couldn't resist the gorgeous color challenge this week at The Play Date Cafe. I love that shade of green, it's so fresh and that soft orange works so well with it, while the white keeps the combo crisp.... perfect! So, here's what I came up with.


Yes, I am addicted to Holiday Labels No.14 by Waltzingmouse Stamps, particularly this dotty one, I just love it! I used Text-It also by Waltzingmouse Stamps to stamp the background in VersaMagic Persimmon.


The sentiment is from Fancy Phrases by Waltzingmouse Stamps. I'm still having fun playing with felt, I made a simple rolled flower here, I cut out some simple leaves and added a little stitched detail. I also did a bit of uneven stitching on the bottom of the card, for a change!


I actually really enjoyed making this card and it came together quite quickly, I don't usually use much white in my cards but I love how light this card feels. Thanks to The Play Date Cafe for providing such a refreshing color palette, it really did inspire me!! : ) Have a lovely day!

Supplies:


Card/Paper: White card, pale green paper from the Jack n' Jill Collection by Prima Marketing
Ink: VersaMagic Persimmon
Stamps: Fancy Phrases, Text-It and Holiday Labels No.14 by Waltzingmouse Stamps
Other: Sewing machine, white felt, buttons, gauze, narrow white ribbon, foam pads, peach seam binding.

12 comments

  1. This is so soft and pretty Clare ... love the flower too ...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Clare
    This is oh so pretty. Love the flower
    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Simply lovely, Clare! That big feltie blossom is amazing :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another soft and pretty work Clare, just love all your feminine touches to all these beautiful card, there are so many pretty color palette I want to play with this week but just have so little time due to all the traveling this and next week! : (

    ReplyDelete
  5. How pretty, beautiful felt flower! Thanks for playing at the PDCC.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Clare..this is an outstanding entry for our challenge...I can't get over that flower! Beautiful entry as always...so glad to have it in The Cafe gallery!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the soft airy feel of this card, and your felt flower is just stunning! Gorgeous piece :) Thanks for playing in the cafe with us today :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow wow wow; I think I sound a bit boring but this is stunning. Breathtaking Clare. Looks like the winner to me :)!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful Clare, that flower is so pretty, and love the wavy stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This card does look so light and airy how ever are you holding it down! Love the felt flower too! just beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful! Love that gorgeous white flower and the soft, subtle colors! Thanks for joining us over at the Play Date Cafe!

    ReplyDelete
  12. just stunning - delicate and soft :)

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments, thanks!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.