Thank You Kindly (The Color Room CRC#33)

Thursday, November 25, 2010



When I saw the fab sketch for this week's Color Room Card (CRC#33) challenge I knew I had to play along!! And the beautiful Color Room Palette #33, sooo pretty!! Here's the sketch.


And the pretty color palette (with sketch for a layout).


I had so much fun making this card, nice to take a break from all the Christmas cards!! I got a chance to use some pretty papers I bought at a craft fair a few weeks ago, Rose Garden from Papermania. It's so feminine and delicate, love it!


I made the flowers using Tim Holtz Tattered Florals Die (I can make flowers faster now!) and paper from the Rose Garden pad, I also made some from pale pink tissue paper, a doily and some pink tulle.


I added a little bit of quilling too, the little pink flower and some quilled leaf shapes. The flower is really easy to make, just five tight closed coils glued together on each side with a pearl in the centre. There's a few other bits in there too, including a fabric covered button, lace, some Zva Creative crystals and some more buttons.


The sentiment is from Fancy Phrases by Waltzingmouse Stamps, the border frame is from Vintage Labels No.4 also from Waltzingmouse Stamps. I used Spellbinders Nestabilities Labels 4 die for the label.

Hope you have a lovely day! (Especially if you're celebrating Thanksgiving!) It's getting pretty chilly here, don't forget to feed the birds!

Supplies:


Card/Paper: White card, Rose Garden Papermania, green stripe digi paper from Ready For Spring kit from The Digichick
Stamps: Fancy Phrases and Vintage Labels No.4 by Waltzingmouse Stamps
Ink: VersaMagic Sage, Memento Angel Pink
Other: Spellbinders Nestabilites Labels 4 Die, Tim Holtz Tattered Florals Die, Big Shot, Pink tissue paper, pale pink quilling strips, pistachio quilling strips, quilling tool, pink tulle, doily, flat packed pearls, Zva Creative crystals, fabric covered button, sticky fixers, sewing machine, selection of lace and ribbon, green and white Baker's twine.

17 comments

  1. Oh Clare - this is absolutely stunning! Gorgeous flowers and the colors are fabulous! One of my favorites by far!
    Hugs,
    Pattie

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is just soooo pretty, I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. sooo super pretty, clare!!! love your card! the flowers are just so delicate and pretty. thanks for sharing and have a wonderful day too! *hugs* steph :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, Clare! My mouth dropped open when I first saw this card! It is so gorgeous! I love, love, love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So soft and pretty, like always, I enjoy your beautiful artwork!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh I love the beautiful colours of this card and that quilling is a lovely touch.

    ReplyDelete
  7. O WOW!! What a stunning card!! Love it ! All those pretty flowers and colors ! Just beautiful!! I'll save it for inspiration if you don't mind.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my Clare ... this is absolutely stunning!! ... I love your flowers and everything is so perfectly placed ... just beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  9. Clare this is out of this world beautiful. The flowers are perfect; in fact....every piece of this card is perfect. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is sooo gorgeous, girl! I love all those layered, layered flowers. happy sighs... it's such a joy to visit you!

    hugs,
    Viola

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a wonderful card, just love the colours in it.
    Thankful for my family and health
    Thankful for my patient husband who encourages me to craft and not complain about the mess!
    Thankful for my daughter's chickens (very much part of the family all with names) who give us so much amusement. Lizzie

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow! Absolutely stunning. I have to try the tissue paper flowers ... just beautiful! Wonderful colors and the flowers are arranged to perfection! (sigh)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Just beautiful! Great sketch and you have captured it using those challenge colors wonderfully.

    ReplyDelete
  14. this is such a beauty! love all the embellishments and details!

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is take your breath away stunning! Amazing Clare!!

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments, thanks!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.