Thanksgiving card

Wednesday, November 10, 2010


I finally got a chance to play with some of the digital stamps from Paper Garden Projects. These lovely oak leaves and acorns caught my eye, they're from the Woodland Whimsy Fall Frames Digital Stamp Set, the sentiment is also from this set.


Sometimes digital stamps can be a little daunting but there's an easy way of giving them a go, try printing  your images onto patterned paper. Here I used patterned paper from Autumn Afternoon - Paper Pack by Karen Lewis Designz at The Digichick. I simply cut out the leaves and acorns, rubbed the edges with a little Tim Holtz Distress Ink in Antique Linen and highlighted some details with Burnt Clay Creative Inspirations Paint. I printed the sentiment onto cream card and distressed the edges.


The piece of fabric across the centre of the card is a piece of gauze I dyed in tea, I made the flower from the same fabric, a simple rolled flower. I wanted to keep the whole look pretty natural and earthy. Hope you like it!

A gorgeous new Christmas digital stamp set has just been added to the Paper Garden Projects Store, it's the Christmas Foliage Digital Stamp Set. There are some fabulous details in these digital images, I can't wait to play with them, especially the Poinsettia (my favorite!) and traditional holly!!


Supplies:


Card/Paper: Digital paper Autumn Afternoon by Karen Lewis Designz at the Digichick, Dotty paper from Tiny Princess by Sugarplum Paperie at the Digichick
Stamps: Woodland Whimsy Fall Frames Digital Stamp Set from Paper Garden Projects
Ink: Tim Holtz Distress Ink - Antique Linen
Other: Sewing machine, lace, foam pads, gauze fabric, twine, Creative Inspiration Paints in Burnt Clay and Chocolate, button.

6 comments

  1. Stunning Card again Clare ... Love the earthiness of this ... have a lovely day

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty ... I {heart} that rolled flower!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Of course I like this earthy and natural card; Clare it's fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just beautiful! Love the soft earthy look and the way you layed the card out.

    ReplyDelete
  5. what a beautiful card! I ♥ the leaves and acrons that adorn this lovely card! So very elegant!

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments, thanks!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.