Vintage Christmas Greetings

Saturday, November 20, 2010


I'm not usually a big fan of red but I just love it at Christmas time! I think it's the warmth it brings, teamed with a little green and cream it makes the perfect Vintage Christmas card. My card is based on this week's sketch at the Waltzingmouse Sketch Challenge blog, you have to give this one a go, it's really simple.


The green background paper is from Noel - A Vintage Christmas Paper Pack by MKC at the Digichick.
I embossed some white card using Spellbinders Impressabilities - Snowflake and rubbed it with some Tim Holtz Distress Ink in Antique Linen.


The sentiment is from Compliments of the Season by Waltzingmouse Stamps and the label is from Holiday Labels No.14 stamped in VersaMagic Tea Leaves. The bit of bling is a vintage clip-on earring   (makes an awful earring but the perfect vintage embellishment!!) I layered a bit of lace behind some check ribbon to add to the vintage feel.


I also added some yummy Webster's Pages Bloomers trim in berry along the centre, this stuff is so gorgeous!! I love the decadent feel it adds to this card.

Don't forget to visit the Waltzingmouse Sketch Challenge blog to see the fabulous creations from the Mischief Makers and WMS DT. Have a great day!! : )

Supplies:


Card/Paper: White card, cream card, Noel - A Vintage Christmas Paper Pack by MKC at The Digichick
Stamps: Compliments of the Season and Holiday Labels No.14 from Waltzingmouse Stamps
Ink: VersaMagic Tea Leaves, Black Archival Ink, Tim Holtz Distress Ink Antique Linen
Other: Lace, check ribbon, Webster's Pages Bloomers trim in berry, sewing machine, red ribbon, vintage clip-on earring, foam pads, Spellbinders Impressabilites - Snowflake, Spellbinders Nestabilities No.5, Big Shot machine.

11 comments

  1. Clare, This is wonderful. The red looks really effective.

    Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a pretty card, if I received a card like this for Chritmas I would have to frame it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the red ... beautiful card again Clare

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just beautiful Clare, once again :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Another beauty; this card is fabulous. Perfect deails and I love that vintage clip-on earring!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love all the laces and ribbons on this pretty card Clare! and what a perfect place for this earring!

    ReplyDelete
  7. this is absolutely gorgeous, Clare! very pretty subtle background, too. love love it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is just gorgeous Clare! Love the flower ribbon...I have some I haven't even opened...you've inspired me to break it out!Cool use of the earring; it's just perfect! I thought it was a brad!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very beautiful, love the colours, and the frilly ribbon.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Simply amazing and fabulous! I love them! I would really love to recieve something like that this christmas, especially when it has heartfelt Christmas messages written on them.

    Merry Christmas
    Anne

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments, thanks!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.