Butterfly Mobile

Thursday, December 30, 2010


In the current issue (87) of Cardmaking & Papercraft Magazine (UK) I have a masterclass tutorial on how to make this butterfly mobile for a girl's bedroom. I had so much fun making it and the people at the magazine were so nice because they sent it back to me after they photographed it, Isabelle fell in love with it and thought it was for her! She was so delighted when it arrived back in a box. It's now hanging in her bedroom!


It's a four page article, with step by step instructions on how to make the mobile. At the back of the magazine (and also on their website) there are the templates for the butterflies. I used ribbon instead of string and it was much easier to make. Here's a few more pics I took before I sent it off.


I used a variety of different card for the butterflies, mainly from the K&Co. Smitten Paper Pad, I also used some pink glittered card and patterned acetate.


I used some clear embossing powder to give a gloss finish to some of the butterflies. I varied the size of the butterflies and layers. For some extra detail I added some sequins and beads to the bodies of the butterflies. For full details check out the current issue of Cardmaking & Papercraft Magazine!!

13 comments

  1. Truly amazing thing, Clare!
    I want to make something alike since i saw butterfly chandelier on Elizabeth Kartchner's blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beautiful :)
    Hugs, Rachel xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is gorgeous and it will be lovely to have it back. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is lovely Clare, I saw this in the magazine last week, I would love to give it a go. Maybe when the kids go back to school!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love butterflies and I just love this! I also saw the beautiful projects you posted at Webster's Pages. I hope you applied for the design team.

    ReplyDelete
  6. love your butterfly mobile, it's so pretty!!! thanks for sharing and have a great day! *hugs* steph :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful Clare ... well done to you you clever lady

    ReplyDelete
  8. OH wow, this is out of the world beauty, I don't have a daughter that young to have this in the room, but I would certainly love to make one for myself, LOL! it is just to beautiful, thanks for the inspiration.
    Happy New Year to you Clare!

    ReplyDelete
  9. fabulous mobile! so pretty! congrats on the pubs, too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. GORGEOUS Claire!!!! Lucky little girl!!
    Smiles. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Clare

    I took this magazine away with me whilst I was away for New Year and was delighted to see your project within its pages - well done you - its so gorgeous you must be very proud to be in print!

    Happy New Year!

    Tina

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments, thanks!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.