A few more tags!

Friday, December 17, 2010



I made a couple more tags, well a few days ago but this is the first chance I've had to post them! Bit of a hullabaloo with my car (battery died with the cold!), stranded, finally made it home! The roads are very bad here, I couldn't actually see the road on my way home, everything was white!! Home by the fire now. We will have to venture out tomorrow to get to the shops (for food, we have all the presents!!), should be interesting!!


I used Spellbinders Nestabilities Labels 14 for the main shape of the tag. The green background paper I decorated using Spellbinders Impressabilities Snowflake and rubbed with a red ink pad. I edged the tag with a little gold acrylic paint. I love Spellbinders Fancy tags, here I just sponged the edges with gold paint.


The sentiment is from Compliments of the Season from Waltzingmouse Stamps. The holly is a digital stamp from Paper Garden Projects, it's from the Christmas Foliage Digital Stamp set. I just painted it with a little acrylic paint and added some Glossy Accents to the berries.


For the second tag, I used the same techniques. The poinsettia is from the same stamp set Christmas Foliage Digital Stamp set from Paper Garden Projects, I just printed two images, painted, cut out and layered them. The sentiment is from Compliments of the Season by Waltzingmouse Stamps.


For an extra vintage touch I added a little vintage clip-on earring under the sentiment. I distressed the edges of the label with Tim Holtz Distress Ink in Antique Linen. I used some cream pom pom trim on this tag.

I'll be back tomorrow with a card for the Waltzingmouse Sketch Challenge! Lots of other things to do in the meantime!! Hope the weather's better where you are!!

6 comments

  1. I've seen a lot of tags these days but never as gorgeous as these one. They have that perfect vintage, classic christmas feeling and I love it. Gorgeous Claire!
    We have snow too; not as much as you but shopping tomorrow for gorceries will be a challenge !:)
    Stay warm!

    ReplyDelete
  2. these are adorable Clare, am getting excited, that sentiment stamp set is waiting for me under the tree lol, once again a beautiful job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do adore these tags - such a vintage feel to them, with classic Christmas colours.

    The snow has arrived in our village too - but I don't think we've got it as bad as you have in Ireland. Take care when you go out tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  4. beautiful tags, clare!! love the rich colors and the pom poms :)! thanks for sharing!
    please drive carefully. take care and have a great weekend!
    *hugs* steph :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are just beautiful Clare! You're so talented!! I love the vintage feel of them - they would be just lovely hanging on the tree too.

    We have a snow storm heading our way .... the kids are thrilled by the prospet. me, I'm not so sure LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  6. absolutely gorgeous tags, Clare! wow! you are amazing, girl!

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments, thanks!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.