Jar topper

Saturday, December 4, 2010


This week's sketch (WMSC26) at Waltzingmouse Sketch Challenge is a lovely circle shape, instead of making a card I created a jar topper for a little Christmas gift. Here's the sketch! : )


I love filling these jars with sweet treats, this one's filled with chocolate covered brazil nuts (my mom's favorite) so this little gift will be for my mom when she gets back from visiting my brother and family in Ohio. We're really missing her!


I just decorated the sides with a length of red satin ribbon and a few coordinating buttons. I also added a little tag and some little bells.


The tag stamp is from Very Vintage Labels No.4 from Waltzingmouse Stamps. The text is from Around Christmastime also from Waltzingmouse Stamps.


The paper at the bottom I stamped using Musical Backgrounds by Waltzingmouse Stamps in red. The sentiment is from Compliments of the Season. The patterned papers are from Christmas Retrospect Paper Pack by Quirky Twerp at the Digichick. The flower is one of my shabby flowers I made from red lining fabric and dipped in red glitter. I trimmed the circle with some gathered gingham ribbon, it was red and white but I pressed it into a Distress Ink pad in Antique Linen to give it more of a vintage look.

Pop along to the Waltzingmouse Sketch Challenge blog to see the beautiful creations from the Mischief Makers and some of the WMS DT. Have a great day! Hope you're staying warm!!

Supplies:


Card/Paper: Cream card, Christmas Retrospect Paper by Quirky Twerp at the Digichick
Stamps: Musical Backgrounds, Around Christmastime, Very Vintage Labels No.4 and Compliments of the Season by Waltzingmouse Stamps
Ink: Ink it Up - True Red, Impress Ink - Bottle Green, TH Distress Ink - Antique Linen
Other: Spellbinders Nestabilities Labels 4, Big shot, sewing machine, red lining fabric, red glitter, flat backed pearl, sticky fixers, gathered gingham ribbon, beige seam binding, cream seam binding, red ribbon, red and white baker's twine, buttons, red satin ribbon, bells.

7 comments

  1. Hi Clare,
    Your jar topper is lovely; such a clever idea. I'm sure your mum will really enjoy her gift. I didn't realize that you had family in the States...and in Ohio no less. My Grandparents and sister live in Ohio (Toledo), and my hubby and I grew up just 35 minutes north of the Ohio border. Of course, we've blown our way over here to Ireland now. It's such a small world at times isn't it?! Hope you have a wonderful weekend.

    I've not played along with a WMS challenge in a while, but you've inspired me with your project...I'll have to give it a go. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful Clare ... your Mum will love this I'm sure

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my shabby goodness, Clare!!! This is stunning and what a GREAT idea! You've inspired me to create some holiday gifts of my own for the many parties I'll be hosting and attending this season ... what wonderful and thoughtful hostess gifts these will make :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. what a great container top Clare! love the bells and buttons and pretty gingham!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so beautiful! I love the gingham ruffle that amazing flower and your fabulous bow! Gorgeous shabby perfection!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a beautiful jar topper, with such lovely embellies and frills, pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  7. awww... this is gorgeous, Clare! wonderful gift idea and such a pretty presentation! love it!

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments, thanks!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.