Keepsake Box Tutorial

Wednesday, December 8, 2010


I've a new tutorial over at The Hybrid Chick today on how to make a little keepsake box. The tutorial shows you how to make the basic structure of the box, it's really pretty simple and you can decorate it however you like! Here's a peek at the finished keepsake box I made.


I used some gorgeous papers from Treasure the Memory : the Papers by Sugarplum Paperie from the Digichick. There's some really elegant papers in this set.


I love the ribbon closure on these boxes, it makes them look so pretty. I used seam binding here, so it still looks good even if you can't tie a perfect bow!


I covered the sides of the box with a wide floral print ribbon from Webster's Pages Garden Gala Fabric ribbons. It matched the papers perfectly!


On the inside, I lined the base with a fab jade colored stripe paper also from Treasure the Memory: the Papers kit.


On the inside of the lid I used paper from Webster's Pages Sweet Season, it's actually a Christmas paper but it matched really well and I just love it!!


I've had this Prima flower for ages, I love it but it always seemed too big for any of my cards but it's found it's perfect place on this keepsake box! I added a little gathered tulle underneath it.


The tag is from Holiday Labels No.14 from Waltzingmouse Stamps and the sentiment is from Fancy Phrases, also from Waltzingmouse Stamps. I stamped everything using a peach acrylic paint, gently sponged on, I used the same acrylic paint to distress the edges of the box.


I'm so happy with how it turned out. I love these little boxes and they're very easy to resize to suit your needs, so check out the tutorial at the Hybrid Chick and have a go!

17 comments

  1. Hi Clare

    Wow....... this box is just SO beautiful I love everything about it. Just going to pop over and have a look at your tutorial. Your photos show it off so well. Those papers..... oooh love it!

    Tina
    X

    ReplyDelete
  2. Clara, this is so beautiful! What a fabulous gift and so beautifully crafted inside and out! WOW!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm speechless and I think you know already what I want to say.....this is to die for. Sooooo beautiful. I just keep staring at it. What more can I say......

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it ! it's the most beautiful shabby romantic keepsake box i have ever seen!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful box...superb choice of papers...love it all.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So beautiful. I love your style. Very elegant.

    ReplyDelete
  7. this is beautiful, and I love the papers and ribbon, just lovely, oh and that Websters paper, I too used it for non christmas pages, its gorgeous and lends itself to other things beautifully. Another fabulous project, TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just gorgeous! This would make a wonderful gift for friends and family. And my mind is 'whirling' with ideas on how to make it more masculine too. Thank you for sharing this with us!

    ReplyDelete
  9. GORGEOUS, clare!!! i love your box. those papers and colors are just beautiful! love how you put everything together. wonderful embellies. thanks for sharing and have a great day! *hugs* steph :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sensational tutorial Clair, you are so clever! Your box is absolutely stunning! I am a huge fan of Webster's Pages anyway, and you've made it even more beautiful!

    Thanks so much for sharing,

    Robyn xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh so pretty, Clare! I {heart} the mix of vintage papers and yummy ribbon closure! Just wonderful in 'true Clare fashion' :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh my goodness. Absolute shabby and wonderfully gorgeous! I'm in love.

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a beautiful box, thanks for the tutorial!

    ReplyDelete
  14. wow! this is absolutely gorgeous, Clare! i adore Sugarplum Paperie's kits, too. you used it so beautifully here. and that flower is so yummy! love everything about this fabulous project!

    ReplyDelete
  15. beautiful... gorgeous, Clare, I love it to perfection! :)

    hugs,
    Vio

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments, thanks!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.