Old gold and cream

Saturday, December 18, 2010


Not long to go now, it feels like I've been making Christmas cards forever... can't wait for Valentine's! Ok, so here's my card for this week's Waltzingmouse Sketch Challenge (WMS28). I turned the sketch on it's side for my card.

I've been doing a lot of red, gold and green (it is my fav combo for Christmas!), so for a change I went with gold and cream. I stamped the background with Text-It from Waltzingmouse Stamps using brown acrylic paint on a gold wash background. The off-white bow is a strip of torn dress lining fabric.


I embossed some card using Spellbinders Impressabilities Snowflake for the background behind the tree. For the Tattered Angels chipboard frame I painted it gold, then cream and then sanded it gently when it was dry to reveal some of the gold.


I stamped and heat embossed the tree in mirror gold, the tree is from Nutcracker Sweet by Waltzingmouse Stamps. I added a few Zva Creative colored crystals as twinkling lights. 


The sentiment is from Around Christmastime from Waltzingmouse Stamps that I embossed in gold. I added a little bell and a small vintage pearl.


I hope you can see some of the lovely shimmer of the gold, it really glows! I love a bit of pom pom trim so I added a little bit at the bottom. 

Check out some of the lovely creations from the rest of the Mischief Makers and some of the WMS DT at the Waltzingmouse Sketch Challenge blog. I hope you're nearly all ready for Christmas!! I've still a lot to do! 

9 comments

  1. This is so beautiful card, Clare!

    I'm so glad i have found so talented craft lady here in Ireland! And living so close! I live in Ennis, co. Clare. Your cards and projects are truly magical! Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so beautiful Clare ... I love the colour combo ... and the sketch this week is fab

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! This is gorgeous! I love how you put everything together. The little details are perfect! ALL the time! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just love the colors you used here Clare! and the ornaments on the tree look so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Red, green and cold are your favorite but this combo of crean and gold is my favorite:). I love the emobossed background behind the tree and that TA frame is breathtaking. Your card turned out so elegant and chic; I love this!

    Have a wonderful evening!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Honestly Claire - I don't know how you do it. Everytime I visit (which is often) you continue to amaze me. This card is just beautiful. Every little detail is well thought and it all comes together to create something stunning. Thanks for inspiring all of us.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the gold and cream on this card! How's the weather--were you able to get out?

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is gorgeous Clare, and I cant believe how much work went into it, you are one patient lady lol, you did an amazing job of this I really love it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. so pretty! love the colors you used and those pom pom are perfect. love this!

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments, thanks!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.