Poinsettia

Sunday, December 12, 2010


I love this Poinsettia image from the Christmas Foliage Digital Stamp set from Paper Garden Projects. I printed it directly on to some patterned paper (Retrospect 365 by Quirky Twerp at the Digichick), I made two copies and cut them out so I could layer them to give a more 3D effect. I did paint a light layer of red acrylic paint over the finished flower to make it more vibrant.


I painted the centre stems with a little gold paint and sprinkled a little glitter on while it was still wet. I love the way the patterned paper adds a lovely texture to the surface of the leaves.


This lovely sentiment is from the same digital set. I just tore the edges and distressed with gold paint. It's layered over some snowflake embossed paper that I sponged with the same gold paint.


I've printed out some smaller Poinsettia images for some tags I'm making. You'll be seeing quite a few tags from me in the coming days! It's getting pretty close to Christmas now and I've still loads of things I wanted to make!! So I'm thinking tags are a bit quicker to do, so I can make more, that's the plan anyway! : )

Supplies:


Card/Paper: Cream card, Retrospect 365 by Quirky Twerp at the Digichick, The Conservatory Collection by 7Gypsies
Stamps: Christmas Foliage Digital Stamp Set from Paper Garden Projects
Ink: Tim Holtz Distress Ink - Antique Linen
Other: Red acrylic paint, gold paint, button, cream pom pom trim, red ribbon, sewing machine, Spellbinders Impressabilities Snowflake, die cutting machine, foam pads, lace.

5 comments

  1. This is so perfect. The flower is gorgeous the sentiment is just beautiful. I love the look of the gold paint!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty ... I have this kit too so I'm always glad of your inspiration

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card! Love that flower.

    ReplyDelete
  4. beautiful clare! love the pom poms :).
    i feel behind too. i think i have to make more tags. they are a bit faster :).
    thanks for sharing and have a great week!
    *hugs* steph :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sigh....just lovely - distressed and vintage in the most perfect way....

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments, thanks!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.