Pom Pom Snowman!!! : )

Saturday, December 11, 2010



Yes I did have lots of fun making my pom pom snowman!! I found a pom pom maker at my mom's house the other day, now that's a handy gadget!! Pom pom mountains are forming! So I incorporated some pom poms into this week's Waltzingmouse Sketch Challenge (WMSC 27). I flipped the sketch upside down, the circles in the sketch are the snowman's head and body!


The background I stamped using Frame-It from Waltzingmouse Stamps, I masked the edges and filled the centre with some text from Text-It also from Waltzingmouse Stamps. Then I masked the centre and stamped some random snowflakes around the frame, the snowflake motif is from Seasons of Love - Tags from Waltzingmouse Stamps. I made the candy cane from some quilled coils.


I used some felt string for his scarf, some cotton buds (Q-tips) painted black for his arms, his eyes are quilled coils, his nose is a quilled coil that I pulled the centre out to make a carrot shape and he's got some tiny beads for his mouth.


I combined two sentiments to make 'Christmas hugs', a little bit from Frame-It and Teeny Trees, stamped using VersaMagic Tea Leaves. The stripe paper is from A Time of Wonder by Danielle Engebretson at The Digichick.


My little snowman is completely detachable from the card, ready to hang on your Christmas tree. My daughter Isabelle (3) had her eye on him even as I was making him. She kept asking 'when can I put him on the tree?' So I took my photos and then he disappeared!!


Where was he? In his rightful place on the Christmas tree. He is as soft as he looks. I might have to make him some snowman friends!! : )


Pop over to the Waltzingmouse Sketch Challenge blog for some inspiration from the ladies, they have some beautiful creations this week!

Supplies:


Card/Paper: White card, A Time of Wonder by Danielle Engebretson from The Digichick
Ink: Ink It Up - True Red, VersaMagic - Tea Leaves
Stamps: Frame-It, Text-It, Teeny Trees, Seasons of Love - Tags from Waltzingmouse Stamps
Other: Red and White Baker's Twine, quilling strips in orange, black, white and red, quilling tool, red felt string, tiny beads, black sequins, white textured wool, pom pom maker, buttons, red string.

15 comments

  1. This is just way too cute! adorable!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Clare ... OMG ... this is the CUTEST LITTLE THING I've ever seen! You're so clever ... I'm inspired :) I can remember making pom-poms years back for so many crafty projects, but have since forgotten about them. Thanks for the gentle reminder :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely adorable! I love this little guy! I think you need to make whole family for him ... he is so sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  4. He is so gorgeous Clare - and indeed looks very soft and fluffy! Can't wait to meet the rest of his family!!

    Tina
    X

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is absolutely adorable, Clare! You are so talented and I adore your shabby chic style! Thanks for some great inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  6. He is the sweetest thing!! Love the idea of him being detachable from the card--makes a wonderful gift.

    ReplyDelete
  7. love love love your pom pom snowman. super idea and card, Clare!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love his happy smile! Makes a lovely gift too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This snow man is just ADORABLE Clare!! love your bg stamping and wonderful button candycane!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is the cutest way to turn a sketch upside down. Perfect for this season and your snowman is adorable. And the card....gorgeous as always!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Adorable snowman! Well combined with quilling!
    Very cute and festive!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is adorable! What a fun element for a card and so festive with the fun buttons! Beautifully done!

    ReplyDelete
  13. ohh..the snowman is really cute!!! it stands out from the card. Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments, thanks!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.