Sparkly White Christmas Tree!

Tuesday, December 21, 2010


Ok, I wasn't going to make any more Christmassy projects but I was browsing some blogs yesterday and I saw a brilliant tutorial on how to make these crepe paper Christmas Trees. Aren't they so pretty!! Karin at Creative Chaos makes the most beautiful frilly Christmas trees, check out her tutorial here. This is my first attempt, Karin's trees are much more full and flouncy (gorgeous!), I'll definitely give it another go! Karin also made some lovely pink trees, I would have made a pink one but I only had this off-white crepe paper. I teamed the white with some sparkly silver.


I added a little label to mine using Spellbinders Labels 14 and Holiday Labels 14 by Waltzingmouse Stamps. I used embossing powder in Tinsel Silver. The sentiment is from Compliments of the Season also from Waltzingmouse Stamps.


I added a little star to the top that I covered in sliver glitter. There's a little bit of mini silver tinsel around the bottom of the star. I topped that off with a little white velvet ribbon.


For some of the little decorations I embossed the mini hearts from Around Christmastime from Waltzingmouse Stamps in silver. I decorated some little silver bells with tinsel, I added a few silver sequins and sparkly stars. There's a few mini pom poms and pearl beads on there too!


I had to photograph it with a blue background, you just couldn't see it against white!! This really was a fun project to make, there's so many possibilities with these little trees and you don't need that many materials! It didn't take too long to make either. I hope you're staying warm. It's still very snowy and cold here in Ireland! Happy Christmas! : )

12 comments

  1. I can't find any other words than WOOOWW!!!
    This is totally BRILLIANT! Fabulous work!

    Merry Christmas! :o)
    hugs,
    Hanna

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Clare ... this is TO DIE FOR DELICIOUS!!! So elegant in the cream and silver! And ... did you say PINK -- I will have to give these a try -- cute for all seasons :) TFS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow!!! This is stunning. So beautiful! It must have taken you ages to make, but so worth it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Clare - Just a quick note to say please drop by my blog - there's a little something there for you.

    Regards, Deborah x

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a sweet, festive tree! Send some snow my way--I want a white Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOVE it! The pom poms and bells are such a cute touch....perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  7. this is beautiful, Clare! fabulous work! Happy Holidays to you and yours!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so pretty! Love the white and silver combination - and the little pom-poms and bells are sweet! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yep, this is one beautiful tree ... absolutely gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh Clare this is gorgeous! For a moment I thought the little silver baubles were wrapped truffles (gasp) now there's an idea! What a wonderful table decoration, or for anywhere, it's just dreamy!

    ReplyDelete
  11. It took my breath away; what more can I say? ( I think I made my point :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a wonderful tree Clare! love the blue on the white!

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments, thanks!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.