Sweet Rocking horse!

Monday, December 27, 2010


A clean and simple card from me this week for the Shabby Tea Room challenge, Shabby Chic Baby! The challenge is to make a baby card or project using some type of fabric. This week's sponsor is Robyn's Fetish Digital Stamps and I used rocky da rocking horse digital stamp for my card.


To get the floral print on the rocking horse, I printed the image out twice. On one of the images I layered a piece of floral cotton fabric over the image with PVA glue. The fabric was quite lightweight so you can see the details of the horse through the fabric. Once it was dry I cut it out, just the body not the hair. I layered the cut out over the second image of the horse. I just loved the fresh crispness of the fabric with the white I didn't want to do much else to the card. So all I added was a little zig zag stitching around the edges. It turned out quite sweet.

Don't forget to check out the wonderful creations from the rest of the DT at the Shabby Tea Room! Enjoy the rest of the holidays! : )

6 comments

  1. This is sweet Clare! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So clever and wonderful!!! Thanks for the inspiration, Clare :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. CAS but also very soft, feminine and romantic. I love it. It's beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Clare

    Are you through all that turkey yet???!

    You've made this image look so lovely - really cute card.

    Tina
    X

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is such a sweet and elegant but still so shabby card! LOVE it!!!

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments, thanks!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.