A card for Katie

Thursday, January 13, 2011


Finally, I got a chance to do a little card making today, it's been a busy week! I've a long list of things to do but at the top of the list was to make a card for Katie. I only read about Katie's story the other day on Jak Heath's blog. I was really saddened by what has happened to Katie but heartened by Jak's response - Help for Katie. A group of designers (including Jak) have put together a lovely collection of digital designs for the Help for Katie cause, you can make a donation on Jak's blog and download the designs. I've used one of the images on my card, this sweet birdie is designed by True D Doodle designs. I used the colors from this week's color challenge at CR84FN too, nice and bright!


Katie has set up a PO Box if you'd like to send her a card to brighten her day a little. I know she's received lots already but it would be nice to keep it going. Here's the link to her blog and the address. My card's on it's way! : )


The sentiment is from Fancy Phrases by Waltzingmouse Stamps and the frame is from Very Vintage Labels No.4 also from Waltzingmouse Stamps. I used Spellbinders Labels 4 die for the label. I still haven't found time to crochet, this is one I bought, I did find a button that fit snugly in the centre though!


I stamped a little Musical Backgrounds by Waltzingmouse Stamps on the bird too. The lovely green dot paper is from the Sugar Blossom paper pack by Quirky Twerp at the Digichick.

So, if you get a chance why not make a card for Katie and don't forget to check out the lovely digital images available from the Help for Katie cause on Jak's blog.

13 comments

  1. Beautiful card Clare, love the bird holding the little parcel of wishes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous Clare; how lovely and thoguhtful of you. And I know for sure this card will make her smile...
    I've just been reading Katie's story. I think we all can imagine how terrible it must be to be diagnosed with cancer....

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely card - I really like the musical detail in the bird, along with the tiny buttons and the crocheted flower. So nice that you're sending it to Katie too. Thanks for playing along with CR84FN this week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMGosh!!! I have just had a good nose around your blog your work is stunning,well done you.Sharon.x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Clare, I just love this! I love how the bird is carrying your tag, and I love that little flower... I think Katie will be so pleased to receive this :) Thanks for using CR84FN to make such an important card! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a LOVELY card for a LOVELY cause! LOVE how you stamped the music on that FAB bird! LOVE your double layered crocheted flowers! THX for playing with us at CR84FN!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a sweet card Clare! Love the "song" bird ;) and pretty crocheted flower embellishment! Thanks so much for playing along with the CR84FN challenge :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beatufiul Clare. Your bird is darling carrying the sign of Get Well. Smart girl! :)
    Thanks so much for joining us this week at CR84FN! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Absolutely wonderful. I truly love the musical bird - so creative of you! The delicate flower held in place by a sturdy button is the perfect touch. So thoughtful of you to create this special gift.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful card Clare ... I too bought the downloads and hope to use them soon ..

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a beautiful card/ I love the bird and the gorgeous pastels
    hugs June xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. this is so sweet and beautiful! i am sure it will brighten up Katie's day! have a wonderful weekend! =)

    ReplyDelete
  13. GORGEOUS card Clare!!! The crocheted flowers are just lovely!!! What a great way to support a lovely person like Katie - I'm so sure this card will brighten her day :) So so sweet of you! Thanks so much for playing along with CR84FN! Hope you'll join us again next week!

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments, thanks!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.