Claire's Birthday Blog Hop/Waltz!!

Wednesday, January 26, 2011



Woo hoo!! Happy Birthday Claire!! (Not me.. Claire Brennan!) What better way to celebrate Claire's birthday than with a blog hop, if you missed the start of the blog hop head for the Waltzingmouse Stamps Blog for the full list of links. You should have arrived here from Edna's blog. This is fun, I love surprises!! I hope you like the card Claire, it's in the post, so you should have it physically in your hands soon! : )


Some of the details, I used Spellbinders Labels 4 and teamed it up with Very Vintage Labels No.4 from Waltzingmouse Stamps. There's a wee bit of Text-It peeping through there, along with that gorgeous border from Victorian Frippery. The sentiment is from Teeny Trees also from Waltzingmouse Stamps.


I added a fabulous crochet flower with separate leaves from Annie Design (made in Ireland!) at Etsy, I have a serious addiction, she makes gorgeous crochet hearts too, so cute! I added the bit of twine.


The lovely green dotty paper is from the Sugar Blossom Paper Pack by Quirky Twerp at The Digichick. It is the most perfect shade of spring green, I love it! Oh and one more thing, on the inside...


.... because you are Claire! You are so inspiring, you've created an amazing stamp company, that's blossoming beautifully, your designs never cease to amaze me AND you're such a lovely person!! Thanks so much for having me as a Mischief Maker, I truly enjoy every minute of it!! Working with your stamps is such a pleasure! SO Claire, have a FABULOUS birthday, you deserve it!! : ) I hope there's cake.... and rice crispy buns, it's not really a party without rice crispy buns!!

Oh, next on the blog hop is Joan ........ check it out!!

Supplies:


Card/Paper: White card, Papermania Rose Garden, Sugar Blossom by Quirky Twerp at the Digichick
Stamps: Victorian Frippery, Teeny Trees, Text-It, Very VIntage Labels No.4 all from Waltzingmouse Stamps
Ink: Black Archival Ink, Tim Holtz Distress Ink Antique Linen, VersaMagic Tea Leaves
Other: Twine, sewing machine, Spellbinders Labels 4, sticky fixers, crochet lace, crochet flower from Annie Design at Etsy.

32 comments

  1. Gorgeous detailing and the flower is totally WOW!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Outstanding Clair - that flower is absolutely gorgeous and a wonderful embellishment for this truly lovely birthday card. Awesome job.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card ... LOVE the flower!!! Claire will be delighted

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous card Claire! Love the wonderful crochet flower, and the paper is fab, a lovely shade of green!

    ReplyDelete
  5. beautiful! got to love that flower and the sentiment is perfect for Claire.

    ReplyDelete
  6. A wonderful creation Clare! love that layered flower and your pretty colors! rice crispy buns sound like a yummy way to celebrate a birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So lovely! That little crocheted flower is fabby for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The simplicity of this card perfectly showcase those lovely crocheted flowers - just a wonderful birthday card!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Clare, this is gorgeous, so pretty, i can't wait to get it in my hands, I'm going to frame it up and put it in my new stamp space!!! Thank you so much! I very much appreciate this! Big hugs!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Clare, this is beautiful!! I am going to frame this and put it up in my new studio!! So very pretty!! Thank you so much Clare, and yes, I actually bought some rice crispie buns last night!! I didn't have time to make them!! lol!!!!!! big Hugs!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Just lovely! That layered crocheted flower is stunning and your colors are just perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the card! I took a quick peek at the etsy shop with the flowers, and I'm practically hyperventilating over all of the amazing gorgeousness. I think I'm ready to admit that I'm never going to learn to crochet myself, so this might be just the ticket for getting hold of some of those fabulous flowers I seem to crave -- thanks for the introduction!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Super pretty Birthday card Clare! That crocheted 3D flower looks AMAZING! So feminine!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeous flower! Really lovely card!
    Hugs, Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  15. How pretty, Clare! There's so much texture - love the lace and the crocheted flower.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful card! Love that flower!

    ReplyDelete
  17. love all the pretty details and that crochet flower is gorgeous! beautiful card, Clare!

    ReplyDelete
  18. beautiful card and that flower is perfect with the label frame

    ReplyDelete
  19. Gorgeous card....lovin all the WMS elements. that crocheted flower is a beautiful compliment to the rest of the card!

    ReplyDelete
  20. So pretty and love that rose tucked into the crocheted petals!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Just beautiful, with such soft and delicate accents. Love that crocheted flower!

    ReplyDelete
  22. What a gorgeous card for Claire! I also wanted to stop by and and say THANK YOU!

    ReplyDelete
  23. beautiful card!! I'm totally in love with the flower!!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Such a beautiful card - and a magnficent rose!

    ReplyDelete
  25. This is so beautiful Clare, as all your work is. The crochet flower steals the show!
    Love Sarita xx

    ReplyDelete
  26. Clare this is gorgeous! I love that vrocheted heart!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Love the pretty details! Those crochets are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Hi Clare

    Sorry I meant to comment on this the other day! I joined in the Waltz and loved it. What a very talented bunch you are.

    Also just to let you know that I've put a post on today with a card that I made and because my inspiration was your card - and credit where credit is due - I've put a link on my post to your blog - as I love it so much.

    Take care

    Hugs

    Tina
    X

    ReplyDelete
  29. Claire already wrote in her comment that she's thrilled; I would frame it too :)
    That crocheted flower is stunning and the combo of green and pink is always breathtaking. Especially when it's made by you. You're having this talent to turn your projects into beauties!! And I love that stamped Victorian Frippery border.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  30. Lovely card, and the layered flower is so sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Fabulous card!!
    I'm in love in this flower!! It's so cute :)

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments, thanks!