Friends of Waltzingmouse Stamps Blog Waltz!!

Monday, January 17, 2011


My second post for today, make sure you scroll down for my Shabby Tea Room card! It's pink too!! : )

Yay! A blog waltz!!! It's Waltzingmouse Stamps and the theme is Valentine's/Love!! I love making Valentine's cards, it makes me so happy! I think it's all the pink, girly things you can use and totally get away with that I like! So, this card is pure indulgence, it's a pretty soft, romantic style and I enjoyed every minute of making it!


The sweet floral paper was my starting point, isn't it gorgeous! It's from Sugar Blossom paper pack by Quirky Twerp from The Digichick (thanks Donna for making this set I adore it!). Then I had my little cameo that I made from Fimo and a cute little mold from MinitureMold at Etsy as my focal point.


To frame the cameo I used Spellbinders Labels Fourteen and teamed that up with Holiday Labels No.14 from Waltzingmouse Stamps, stamped using Memento Angel Pink. Behind that I used one of the labels from Spellbinders Fancy Tags.


I cut out the oval in the centre and added some green paper stamped with Text-It from Waltzingmouse Stamps in VersaMagic Tea Leaves. I used the same ink pad to rub the edges of the cameo. The little flourish I used top and bottom is from (my fav stamp set!) Fancy Phrases also Waltzingmouse Stamps. I added a dusting of ultra fine glitter to the cameo and edges of the frame.


I used Spellbinders double ended tags for the label, stamped with a sentiment from Sweethearts by Waltzingmouse Stamps.  I distressed the edges a little with antique linen Distress Ink and I added a little more sparkle too, I did say this card was an indulgence! : ) A little more lace and some pom pom trim and I think we have most of my favorite things all in one card!!



I hope you're having fun, enjoy the rest of the Blog Waltz, I know I will be along with some chamomile tea and a fluffy blueberry pancake! yum! Have a lovely day! : )

Supplies: 


Card/Paper: SugarBlossom by Quirky Twerp from The Digichick, white card
Stamps: Sweethearts, Holiday Labels No.14, Text-It, Fancy Phrases, all from Waltzingmouse Stamps
Ink: Memento Rose Bud, VersaMagic Tea Leaves, Archival Black ink, Tim Holtz Distress Ink Antique Linen
Other: white Fimo, cameo mold, (Spellbinders Double ended tags, Labels 14, Fancy Tags dies), die-cutting machine, sewing machine, dusky rose seam binding, twine, cream pom pom trim, ultra fine glitter, pink gathered lace, crochet lace, sticky fixers, white acrylic paint.

37 comments

  1. This is so lovely Clare *happy sigh*, I love all your little elements, and those moulds are great, its a very pretty card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A beautiful romantic card, love the pom pom frill!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Clare - this is just so beautiful. I love the cameo detail.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Holy moly, Clare. This is jaw-dropping gorgeous. I do so love the vintage creations...I'm just never really able to pull it off with the style and elegance you have captured with your project. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow....this card is really gorgeous. I love the soft colors and all the elements you used. You did a wonderful job. TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Any FB pancakes left over?
    This card is the epitome of pure indulgence and romance. Love the clay cameo and all the glitter, too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. How wonderfully shabby chic Clare! LOVE that cameo you made - and all the bg stamping - the pleated ribbon and pom poms!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow Clare, this is a gorgeous romantic card. I love the stitching, the trims, the bow, in fact everything!
    Hugs
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, wow, you made that cameo yourself?! That is just fabulous! The entire card is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I just love your card it's beautiful!!!!

    Thank you for the comment on my card:)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very pretty card--your paper is really pretty, and the ribbon and trim are perfect!

    Chris L.

    ReplyDelete
  12. OH MY! This is AMAZING - so romantic and soo beautiful! LOVE IT!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Clare

    I don't know how you manage it but you do! Such a stunning card - love EVERYTHING about it.

    Thanks too for all the close up photos - always great to see too.

    Speak soon

    Tina
    X

    ReplyDelete
  14. I just LOVE that cameo! It looks so FAB against the green text in the frame! LOVE that paper and the pom poms. It is true indulgence just to LOOK at your BEAUTIFUL card!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh my goodness, this is so lovely Clare! The amount of effort you put into it is obvious and amazing. I love the Labels 14 focal point with the cameo.

    ReplyDelete
  16. So pretty! Soft and romantic summed it up very well!
    Trish

    ReplyDelete
  17. How astoundingly delicate and pretty. Love it xXx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow! Gorgeous creation.
    LOVE IT!

    ReplyDelete
  19. The cameo you made is just gorgeous! I am always inspired by your soft, feminine cards, Clare! The patterned papers are so lovely on this one!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Over the top beautiful Clare! I love the cameo...what an extra special touch!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Just stunning! The cameo is the perfect touch! Love the soft and feminine feel to this!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Gorgeous card Claire!! Your cameo is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Absolutely STUNNING! Love the cameo and everything else you built around it, so soft, feminine and just perfectly GORGEOUS!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Such a pretty card Clare! Love the cameo framed with that beautiful WM label!

    ReplyDelete
  25. this is gorgeous, Clare! thanks for the like to the mini mold! i'll have to get a couple and try making it myself! =) love your card!

    ReplyDelete
  26. So beautiful, Clare! I love the soft colors and the pom poms on it!

    ReplyDelete
  27. I'm not sure where to start. Shall I begin by telling you how fabulous this card is or shall I swoon over each and every delicious embellishment? If only you could hear my ooooh's and aaaaah's. Absolutely gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Wow! You're a clever girl, Clare! That's an absolute stunner.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Simply beautiful. Always great to see your projects on the waltz and on the sketch challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Such a pretty card! I love the color combo and those pom poms are great!!

    ReplyDelete
  31. I am always so impressed by the amazing details in your cards, Clare. This one is a knockout! So very pretty and girly!

    ReplyDelete
  32. Uh!! AMAZING!!! love this pretty soft and oh so clever card ... beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  33. ohmy ohmy, what a pretty pretty card, clare!!! love it. amazing details! thanks for sharing :)! *hugs* steph :)

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments, thanks!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.