Frosty...

Monday, January 24, 2011


This week's challenge at The Shabby Tea Room is Winter Wonderland, create a card or project with a winter theme. So I went with a frosty color scheme for my card, whites and cool blues. I added some vintage sparkly bling representing the iciness of winter, I love that sparkle when the sun hits frosty crystals in the morning!




I also made this with the Color Cue {11} at W Plus 9 in mind.




The pretty digital paper is from Timeless Victorian Papers from Raspberry Road Designs. It's such a lovely subtle pattern.


I used Spellbinders Labels 14 and teamed it up with Holiday Labels No.14 from Waltzingmouse Stamps stamped in a soft pink. The sentiment is from Fancy Phrases also from Waltzingmouse Stamps. The embossing folder I used is called cottage floral.


I cut two simple leaf shapes from the card I embossed and added them under the flower. The bit of bling I added to the centre of the flower is an old vintage clip on earring. I love how it looks so icy!!

Don't forget to check out the fabulous creations from the rest of the shabby girls!! This week's sponsor at The Shabby Tea Room is Lori Boyd - Lollipops.


Supplies:

Card/Paper: White card, Timeless Victorian Papers by Raspberry Road Designs
Stamps: Fancy Phrases and Holiday Labels No.14 from Waltzingmouse Stamps
Ink: Memento Angel Pink, Black archival ink
Other: Spellbinders Labels 14, white acrylic paint, Cottage floral embossing folder, die-cutting machine, sewing machine, vintage clip on earring, flower trim, white seam binding, lace.

11 comments

  1. This is so gorgeous! Like the way you have added some of the embossed card to the label, and the stitching looks great. Love the bling too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my word this is totally delish. Love everyting about it. Thanks for sharing!

    Ali x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutley lovely ... so soft, so pretty ... so CLARE!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You make icy look so pretty and elegant ... a beautiful card Clare ...

    ReplyDelete
  5. FABULOUS!! This is soooo soft and feminine.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your card shows the love you put into making it. Just adore the way you embossed the floral pattern and stitched it onto the label.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this card! Winter is my favorite season, believe it or not, so I love anything to do with it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow--that clip on earring is FABulous!! The whole flower is stunning on the card!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, my! So soft and elegant and shabby! LOVE your little, bling details and stitching! Thank you so much for playing along with our Color Cue!

    ReplyDelete
  10. GORGEOUSNESS!!! LOVE that soft snowey fabulous flower!! Thank you so much for joining us at Wplus9 Design!!

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments, thanks!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.