Just Us Girls {Color} Challenge #67

Tuesday, January 18, 2011



** Yay, I'm Chic of the week at Just Us Girls!! **

I couldn't resist the fab color challenge this week at Just Us Girls Challenge and the colors just happened to match the pretty digital papers I've been using from Sugar Blossom by Quirky Twerp at the Digichick. Here's the color palette.


I also got a chance to use some of the fab digital images from the Help for Katie set available from Jak Heath's website, you get such a wonderful collection of images and it's for a great cause. I used this adorable apron image from the set, how cute is it!! I printed it directly onto some pretty floral paper and cut out.


I painted the scallop trim on the apron with some white acrylic paint, I highlighted the ribbon sash in aqua and the little hearts using coral. The green dotty paper is also from the Sugar Blossom Paper Pack. I had the little heart brad in my stash, it matched perfectly!


The sentiment is two elements from the Around Christmastime stamp set from Waltzingmouse Stamps. I softened the edges a little with some blending chalk. The plain white just looked too stark.


I made a little matching gift tag and some customized pegs with cute mini bows. The sentiment is from the Frame-It set from Waltzingmouse Stamps. The aqua and white Baker's twine I bought from The Ribbon Reel.


I've been dying to make these little decorated pegs for ages, I have some ugly plastic ones clipped on to my noticeboard. I remembered seeing a tutorial at The Hybrid Chick on how to make them a while back, they're actually really easy and a great way to use up little scraps. I didn't have any Mod Podge so I improvised with some PVA and it worked really well. I painted a coat of it on the peg first, added my strip of paper and painted over it with another layer of PVA. I added some self adhesive magnet to the back so I could use them on the fridge too. I'll definitely be making more!



Supplies:


Card/Paper: White card, Sugar Blossom Paper Pack by Quirky Twerp from the Digichick
Stamps: Frame-It and Around Christmastime by Waltzingmouse Stamps, Help for Katie from Jak Heath
Ink: Black Archival Ink, TH Distress Ink - Antique Linen
Other: Wooden clothes pegs, peach seam binding, peach lace, aqua organza ribbon, aqua and white Baker's twine, acrylic paints, blending chalk, sticky fixers, heart brad, twine, sewing machine, Spellbinders Tags Trio, Die-cutting machine, self adhesive magnets strips.

22 comments

  1. so so so cute, love the little pegs, a fabulous idea, and your card is as gorgeous as always, just beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is absolutely adorable! Love the soft colors!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous ideas! I truely love the oh so soft colors and the apron is super sweet! Thanks for sharing your talents - it's always a joy to visit here!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How great are these gorgeous clothes pin magnets!!! Just so pretty and functional!! What more can you ask for? I love the DP's on your fabulous card too Clare!!! WOW! this is just so creative and fun! Going to have to check out that tutorial!! Wonderful take on the challenge colors! Thanks so much for playing along with JUGS!!! Hope you'll join us again next week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So pretty! I love the apron on the card and the pegs are adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your card looks so sweet! Love the pegs their so adorable!
    Doreen

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a sweet and pretty apron - it reminds me of my Nanna; sadly long gone. Happy times in her kitchen making cakes :) Your card is lovely and the pegs are just super - I've bookmarked the site - I think I'm going to have a play!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Clare...Your cards and projects are such a pleasure to see. This card and the gorgeous decorated pegs are so very pretty x

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is just a BEAUTIFUL card so soft and feminine!! Love your pegs too! Gotta give that a try for sure! I will be back! LOL!!! Thanks so much for playing along with Just Us Girls this week and hopeto see you again!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful! I love the card and the clothespins! The JUGs colors look fabulous on this project! Thanks so much for playing our challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Clare! This set is adorable! I love your retro apron card and the dressed up clips are smashing...so very boutique! Thanks so much for playing with Just Us Girls this week!

    ReplyDelete
  12. You totally rocked my little paper kit, Clare. Your creativity always amazes me!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love love love those pegs! I have got to make some for myself! Love your card, the apron image is lovely, and the papers are so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your pegs are stunning; so gorgeous and they look fabulous on your fridge :). And it will be a lovely gift....
    Your card is gorgeous; as always :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I just adore those clothespins!!! Your apron card is so beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your little set is absolutely wonderful! Love the ensemble with the pretty card and adorabe magnets! You worked magic with the pretty digi paper and our colors!

    Thanks for playing along with Just Us Girls this week!

    ReplyDelete
  17. ahh... so very sweet! :) the clothespins are awesome-cute... thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  18. love absolutely everything your done here! wow!!! TFS ~ love those clothespins, what a fabulous idea :-)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Clare, can you email me please at kristinbueter [at] yahoo [dot] com? I need to send you your badge and I can't find your email anywhere :[

    Thanks so much!! Congrats again ♥

    ReplyDelete
  20. Definitey going to try this ... such a fabulous idea ... love the card ... have a passion for aprons!! made lots of notebooks with them ...

    ReplyDelete
  21. oh your card and pins are just so pretty, so shabby chic! looooove them, clare!!! love those papers!
    congrats on being chic of the week :)!
    thanks for sharing!
    *hugs* steph :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. OOOh! Forgot to say Congratulations!!!

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments, thanks!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.