Little gift set (WMSC29)

Saturday, January 8, 2011


Yay!! The Waltzingmouse Sketch Challenge is back this week after the holidays with a brand new sketch!! I was glad of the break but it's nice to be back playing with Claire's lovely sketches. This week's sketch is quite unusual, I can't wait to see what everyone comes up with!! Here it is... (WMSC29)


I had to make a bag, it just got stuck in my mind once I saw the sketch! I deconstructed a little sweet box I had and made a copy of the template for my box. It is such a cute size. I added the handle, which I made using Spellbinders Labels 14, it's such a pretty shape!! I used Text-It from Waltzingmouse Stamps on the front flap and on the sides of the bag.


I decorated the back of the bag too, I love this paper, it's from Papermania and it's called Rose Garden. I used Tim Holtz Distress Crackle Paint on the handle for a shabby look and rubbed the edges with a little paint.


For the tags I used Spellbinders Labels 4 and tags trio. I teamed them up with Very Vintage Labels No.4  from Waltzingmouse Stamps and the sentiments are from Sweethearts (a must for Valentine's!!) and Around Christmastime also from Waltzingmouse Stamps. Oh and the little flower I made, original tutorial link here. Ok I had to make a little matching card!! It's nice to have a little set on standby!



I used the same papers as before and made a slightly larger version of my shabby flower, dipped in glitter of course! The sentiment is from Frame-It by Waltzingmouse Stamps and the little heart is from the Sweethearts set.


I love how it turned out, really fresh, reminding me of spring or the hope of spring, it's snowing again here!! (not as bad as last time though!)

Don't forget to check out the fabulous creations from the rest of the Mischief Makers and some of the WMS Design Team. Enjoy your weekend! : ) I'm busy working on some deadlines.

Supplies:


Card/Paper: Papermania Rose Garden, white card
Stamps: Text-It, Frame- It, Sweethearts, Around Christmastime, Very Vintage Labels No.4 all from Waltzingmouse Stamps
Ink: Black Archival Ink, VersaMagic Tea Leaves, Tim Holtz Distress Ink Antique Linen
Other: Spellbinders dies Labels 14, 4 and tags trio, die cutting machine, Webster's Pages little Whimsey's, crochet lace, cream seam binding, sewing machine, cream fabric, pearl brad, sticky fixers, Distress Crackle Paint in Shabby Shutters.

16 comments

  1. I love it, gorgeous as always!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh this is just beautiful Clare, You did a fabulous job of this its totally gorgeous :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh so beautiful!!! I do like your work. This is a very sweet set. I love all the details with the lace, pearls, rose - fab!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So sweet!! I love this set ... your little bag is gorgeous ... adorable card too ... love your flowers

    ReplyDelete
  5. Clare ... so special! I {heart} the soft cream and green palette -- just wonderful ")

    ReplyDelete
  6. My goodness - this is the sweetest little bag ever! I'd carry it as a purse! And the matching card ... sooo cute. Clare, I am amazed at your talent and I love visiting your blog. There is always something inspirational here!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful set, Clare! Love your flowers! It's snowing here today. We also had snow yesterday. I guess I am getting my wish as I love the white stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this set Clare! what a wonderful purse - love the colors and your beautiful tags!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Clare, Just found your blog via The Shabby Tea Room. I must say that all of your work is fabulous!! I adore your little gift set, the colours are so delicate and pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  10. ohmygosh, your projects are just so beautiful and luscious! i heart your flowers!!! thanks for sharing and have a great weekend! *hugs* steph :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Clare - thanks for your comment on my card - I do love the Teeny Trees set - so useful!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. So pretty Clare! You're right it does give a feel of Spring and the handle is so clever! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a fabulous and gorgeous set this is! Love the soft colors you used and the flowers are stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Little gift set???? I love every piece of this beauty. I have the same papers from Papermania and they really are stunning. Especially on this project!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks so much for leaving me a comment on my WMSC card - it was really hard for me. I wanted to make a cute bag - like yours!! But I'm pleased with how mine turned out. Thanks for stopping by - really appreciate it.

    ReplyDelete
  16. gorgeous set, Clare! love love the pretty paper you used. this is such a beautiful project. YUM!

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments, thanks!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.