Love Birds!

Monday, January 17, 2011


I love this bird stamp from Inkadinkado, I don't usually buy red rubber stamps (I'm a clear stamp fan!) but this one I just couldn't resist!! So it was my inspiration for this week's Shabby Tea Room challenge - White and Bright, create a card or project using white or cream and one other color! I also used Ros's sketch this week at the City Crafter Challenge blog, it was such a fab sketch to work with!


Aren't they the sweetest birds, such a great illustration. I saw some pink striped fabric in Country Living magazine and it had a gorgeous deep pink image over-printed onto it. I just happened to have this striped pink paper from (the oh so gorgeous!) Sugar Blossom paper pack by Quirky Twerp at the Digichick, so I stamped my birdies using Memento Rose Bud ink over it.


I made the big flower from felt, I drew a simple petal shape to use as a template and cut out the felt. At the base of each petal I did a couple of stitches and threaded them all together, a little circle of felt glued to the back, pearl on top and voila! The pretty lace is from a lace and doily swap a while back. I stamped the scripted text in the background using a Prima clear stamp.


Stamped simply on a double ended Spellbinders tag is a sentiment from the Sweethearts stamp set from Waltzingmouse Stamps. There's a little more lace there and a some pink and white Baker's twine from The Ribbon Reel. I quite like how this one turned out! : )

Don't forget to check out the gorgeous creations from the rest of the Shabby Girls! They're such a talented bunch!

This week's sponsor at the Shabby Tea Room is Webster's Pages.



This week's fabby prize is a Spring Market Prize Package worth nearly $40!




Supplies:


Card/Paper: White card, Sugar Blossom paper pack by Quirky Twerp, K&Co Smitten
Stamps: Inadinkadoo 60-00121 Bird stamp, Sweethearts from Waltzingmouse Stamps, Prima Clear stamp
Ink: Memento Rose Bud
Other: White felt, pearl, pink and white Baker's twine, sewing machine, sticky fixers, Spellbinders double ended tags, die-cutting machine, lace.

11 comments

  1. STUNNING!!! I LOVE your flower ... absolutely gorgeous card ... thanks Clare for playing along at CCCB

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh so sweet and pretty in PINK! Love it :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful card.. So pretty! I just love that little lace you added.. Thanks so much for playing along with us at CCCB!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The flower is gorgeous, but those doves----what a beautiful image! LOVE IT!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a sweet image...no wonder you love it! Very pretty design all around!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the flower - I'm going to have to try that technique! The birds are fabulous ... they look wonderful in a single color - great idea! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card! Love the flower you made and the lace.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely card with lovely colors, thanks for sharing with us at CCCB!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So incredibly lovely!!! Thanks so much for playing along at CCCB!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That's it??? Just drew a petal, cut it out of felt, a few stitches and glue it together? My oh my Clare; I'm smitten. I can't draw at all and I just keep staring at this flower. It's stunning!
    I love that bird stamp and stamped onto that pink striped paper makes it even more gorgeous.
    Fabulous card!

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments, thanks!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.