lovely lavender!

Monday, January 31, 2011


Hello!! I'm hosting the challenge this week at The Shabby Tea Room and the theme is 'Get Creative'!! (#47) Basically, the idea is to get creative with your basic supplies (card, stamps and ink), if you can make something give it a go! Stamp your background papers for example or use an embossing folder. So, no ready printed papers and do try to make your own embellishments. You can use ribbon and lace. This week's sponsor at The Shabby Tea Room is JustRite Stampers, they kindly provided the DT with some products to work with. For my card I used Just Rite Fancy Tags Set Clings and Happy Everything Mini Tag Making Kit (I loved this kit, you get 18 Sentiments, 1 Mini Border, a clear stamper and 4 custom Tag Dies!!)


There is this really cute motif in the Fancy Tags Set that I used to stamp my background paper on the top half of the card, in VersaMagic Spring Pansy. The gorgeous pattern on the tag is a stamp from the same set! Using the dies in the Happy Everything Mini Tag kit I cut out the tag and layered the sentiment on top, the sentiment is from the same set. For the bottom of the card I used the Swiss Dots embossing folder on some lavender paper and rubbed a white ink pad over it.


I made the flower from the same lavender paper using the Tim Holtz Tattered Florals Die (I used the two smaller dies) and a tutorial by Tim Holtz, there's a challenge this week on the Just Us Girls Challenge Blog - Create a 3-D Flower. I made the centre of my flower a little different, mainly because I couldn't get the one in the tutorial to look right! Once it was finished I dipped it in some ultra fine glitter. The leaves I drew onto some paper, cut out and rubbed the edges with brown ink and scored a few vein lines on.


I made the soft lilac ribbon by tearing some strips off chiffon fabric (it frays beautifully!) and tied it in a bow. I didn't make the lace! I'm pretty happy with how it turned out, I'll definitely give the flowers another go too! Don't forget to check out the rest of the Shabby Girls wonderful creations at The Shabby Tea Room!


This week's sponsor at The Shabby Tea Room is JustRite Stampers.


JustRite Stamps will be providing our lucky winner a scrumptious prize package containing the Happy Everything Mini Tag Kit and the Fancy Tags Set Cling ... a prize package valued at approximately $53 - WOW!  A brilliant prize, don't miss out on this!!

Supplies:

Card/Paper: White card, lavender paper
Stamps: Fancy Tags Set - Clings and Happy Everything Mini Tag Making Kit both from JustRite Stampers
Ink: VersaMagic Spring Pansy, Black Archival Ink, White Ink
Other: Cuttlebug Swiss Dots embossing folder, die cutting machine, sewing machine, Tim Holtz Tattered Florals die, lace, chiffon fabric, glitter, sticky fixers.

18 comments

  1. I love these muted / pastel colors you've been using lately. They are so pretty.
    Hugs, antonella :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Clare this is gorgeous! In fact it's stunning....wow!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Simply stunning! ... love your choice of colours and your rose is to die for ...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous and I love the matching rose!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Simple and STUNNING! What a 'wow impact' from such a tiny treasure! You really know how to work that paper and glue my stampy friend :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I ditto the others......STUNNING!

    xoxo Karen Lee

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Clare this is soooo gorgeous - and a great challenge you've set! Must try and come up with something!

    Tina
    X

    ReplyDelete
  8. Absolutely gorgeous Clare! Love the stamped background, and the hand made flower is fabulous, a really beautiful card! Migraine seems to have cleared with the help of the ibuprofen, I've only been having them for a year, but I'm starting to recognise the signs now and I think mine is brought on by stress :-$

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful! Love your flower and design of the card. Great color! Thanks for playing along with JUST US GIRLS this week.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You've done it again! This is such a gorgeous card!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the card and the beautiful color!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh my lordy bees! Clare! THis is fabulous! I love it! Way to go on the tim flowe...I love it all frosted up in glitter! Thank you for joining Just Us Girls this week for the 3D flower challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  13. hI CLAIRE
    another stunner
    hugs
    sylvie
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeous card, Claire! I love this shade of lavender! Love the stamps you used!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love this card!! The lavender is absolutely stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  16. So gorgeous. Just a lovely background and a beautiful job on the flower. Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Gorgeous card, Clare! Love how you made your own background papers with the stamp!

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments, thanks!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.