Mittens

Monday, January 10, 2011


This week's challenge at The Shabby Tea Room is 'Sketch This', our host Pattie has provided us with a brillinat sketch to work from. This week's sponsor is Robyn's Fetish Digital Stamps, they kindly provided the design team with some images to work with, I used I did it - Mittens for my card. Here's the sketch we used.


It's a really great sketch, nice and easy to work with. I can't wait to see what you come up with this week! : )


I traced the mittens on to some scraps of white felt and cut out. The background I stamped using Text-It from Waltzingmouse Stamps in Memento Rose Bud. I used a little pink blending chalk on the edges of the mittens to give them some definition.


The background papers are digital, I'll have to add the supplies list later on today. Isabelle's back to school tomorrow and we'll all be up early! (this is a scheduled post!) Thankfully we don't have any snow but I can hear the rain pelting down on the roof. Hopefully it won't be raining as heavy as it is now in the morning!

Don't forget to check out the rest of the Shabby Girls creations, they're just wonderful!

16 comments

  1. So, so sweet! You do fabulous work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely mittens - my mum always had a string on mine too!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh so sweet Clare! Love those felt mitts and the stamped background.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Precious ... my favie color palette to work with and such yummy, warm and snuggly mittens! Wonderful, Clare :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. So pretty ... and soft and sweet ...

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE this card! Simply gorgeous pallette and your design is perfection.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Clare

    Great creation you've made those mittens looks so cute! - you are so clever! I too love the sketch and if I get a chance this week might just enter the challenge too!

    Take care

    Tina
    X

    ReplyDelete
  8. Super sweet mittens. The shabby ribbon is beautiful. And that little heart in the corner is adorable. Thanks for sharing Clare!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely winter card. Pretty papers and I like how 'soft' it looks.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Perfect combo of soft pink and green. The mittens give me a cozy feeling.... I LOVE your bow. Gorgeous card! ( as usual:)!!)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful Clare! Love the colours and the softness of your felt mittens! Beautifully done!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Eeek! How cute... I'm a sucker for furry lil mittens :) Thanks for sharing, Clare!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh Clare, LOVE this pretty miten card! Awesome inspiration!

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments, thanks!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.