Sweet Rose

Monday, January 3, 2011


Here's my offering for this week's challenge at The Shabby Tea Room. The challenge is 'Welcome to 2011' make a card or project using a total of 11 elements (layers, embellishments, stamping etc.) That's pretty easy, so you'll have to give it a go! I used the colors from this week's Play Date Cafe challenge because they were so gorgeous! (PDCC62)


The pretty papers are from the K&Co Smitten paper pad. The sweet lace stamp is from the English Rose Collection by Kaisercraft. I love this stamp set, it's got a gorgeous rose stamp in it too!


If you've been visiting my blog at all you'll know I love making my own embellishments. Well my latest addiction is Fimo and Silicone rubber molds!! I made a cameo in my previous post. I got the mold for this pretty rose on Etsy at Minituremold. You hardly use any materials and it's so much fun when they come out of the oven just waiting to be painted. Don't be scared of the painting part either, building up layers of washes followed by dabbing with some tissue to remove excess paint is all you have to do. You'll definitely be seeing more Fimo embellishments from me!! : )


The sentiment is from Fancy Phrases by Waltzingmouse Stamps... you know it's my favorite stamp set! I'd love a Fancy Phrases Additions!!! You can never have too many sentiments! Don't forget to check out the lovely creations from the rest of the Shabby Girls!

(This week's sponsor at The Shabby Tea Room is Cosmo Cricket. This week's prize is a 6x6 pack of Garden Variety & Material Girl DSP.)

Supplies:

Card/Paper: White card, K&Co Smitten Paper Pack
Stamps: English Rose Collection by Kaisercraft, Fancy Phrases and Victorian Fripperie by Waltzingmouse Stamps
Ink: Memento Rose Bud
Other: Sewing machine, twine, lace, tulle, Zva Creative crystals, Fimo, rose silicone mold, acrylic paints.

17 comments

  1. Simple, elegant ... STUNNING! I {heart} that handmade fimo rose -- absoutely wonderful, Clare :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card Clare! So pretty in pink! Happy New Year :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Gorgeous rose and very beautiful card!
    I used to play with Melt Art Mould'n'Pour and making my rose, but this molds are stunning! Must have some. Thank you.

    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW WOW WOW!!! So gorgeous! I love the rose ... incredible ... and the whole card is just fantastic ...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just gorgeous!!! I love that jewelled flourish and the rose is beautiful. Fab!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just stunning! So elegant and romantic :) I am so wow'd by your handmade flower! Fabulous!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Clare you did it again; you knocked me off my socks...WOW! That cameo was breathtaking but this rose too...Awww...I love it. This card is one of my favorites... Gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous! And i LOVE you flower embellie! You are just so CLEVER to do that!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Clare - thanks for your lovely comment on my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my..That is totaly and utterly gorgeous!! Love the rose you have made....Have a happy day!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sweet cart.la petitte rose est magnifique!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. OH MY! This is one stunning card--great stitching and detail! LOVE IT:) Thanks so much for joining in the fun over at the Cafe and for playing along with us at PDCC:}

    ReplyDelete
  13. love the shabby effect on your card Clare!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful! So soft and elegant, and you got the Cream in Your Coffee too! xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Such a pretty, feminine card. Wonderful colour choice and layout.

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments, thanks!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.