Sweet roses...

Saturday, January 29, 2011


Here's my card for this week's Waltzingmouse Sketch Challenge (WMSC32). I started off with a heart shaped doily, I've never actually used paper doilies on my cards before (I know I can't believe it either!) this one is actually pink but I used the reverse because it was a little too pink! Anyway, here's this week's sketch.



Yea, my card is a loose interpretation of the sketch this week! ; ) I also made my card with this week's Tuesday Trigger in mind - Sweets for the Sweet at Moxie Fab World.


Love the yummy pinks, creamy fudge and pretty scalloped edging on the box. Such a fab photo!!


I filled the centre of my heart doily with pretty little roses - Prima fairytale roses in baby pink. I brushed the tops of them with some white acrylic paint. Really made them pop!


The sentiment is from the Sweethearts stamp set from Waltzingmouse Stamps. I stamped the whole background using Text-It also from Waltzingmouse Stamps in Rose Bud ink. I used a little distress ink in Antique Linen on the edges.


I used some paper from Papermania Rose Garden on the very base layer, you can just see it peeping through. I love have how pretty this turned out! Don't forget to check out the rest of the team's creations at the Waltzingmouse Sketch Challenge, they really are AMAZING this week!! 

Supplies:

Card/Paper: White card, Papermania Rose Garden, Sugar Blossom by Quirky Twerp from the Digichick
Stamps: Sweethearts and Text-It from Waltzingmouse Stamps
Ink: Black Archival Ink, Memento Rose Bud Ink, Tim Holtz Distress Ink Antique Linen
Other: Prima Fairytale roses baby pink, sewing machine, pink heart shaped doily, white acrylic paint, sticky fixers, pink picot edged ribbon, pearl flourish.


31 comments

  1. This is gorgeous! Love the doily and the floral heart! Another stunning creation!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my - look at that! It is gorgeous and so clever. The roses look absolutely smashing Clare.....a real winner.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful card!!! ... love the pretty softness in this ... such a stunner

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh this is going to be a Trigger Target for SURE! It's sooo gorgeous, Claire! That flowery heart is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Clare, this is gorgeous!! I love how you filled the heart with roses and that doily and background are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my! Gorgeous! You have me running to my craft room today! I love to make flowers and saved your picture so that I could remember these beauties! Thanks for sharing Clare - there is always something wonderful to see here!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So absolutely PRETTY! Who wouldn't want to receive such a lovely and sweet creation!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This a lovely can soft card. This would even be a super Mother's Day card.
    TFS!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, this is beautiful Clare. The rose heart is just so lovely. I can't imagine you not winning the Tuesday Trigger. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Clare

    This is so lovely all the texture details and those cute mini roses - another gorgeous card - I popped over to the blog too and the other DT cards are so lovely....

    Tina
    X

    ReplyDelete
  11. Clare...wanted to thank you for your comment on my WM card! Also wanted you to know I always admire your creations...you never disappoint! This most recent one is especially stunning!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Claire
    just found your gorgeous blog ...from Tina ....stunning card love the flowers and the doily...i love it
    ...so you have a new follower
    hugs
    sylvie
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Awesome!! This is just amazing - so beautiful, with so much detail.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Claire this so so beautiful, you are so talented.
    love the roses idea!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gorgeous card! Love how you arranged the roses!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thanks so much for your comment on my Top Mouse!! I'm absolutely thrilled:)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Very very pretty, love the rose arrangement, and the heart doily is lovely too :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is just such a romantic card Clare! I love the roses, the background stamping, the soft colors - a perfect Valentine!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Such a soft, feminine and beautiful card, Clare.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Clare ; you knocked me off my socks. I added this masterpiece to my favorites and I can look at this beauty for hours....sigh...
    This card has everything I LOVE. Your heart made of roses is STUNNING!!
    Did I tell you already that I like it? :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. WOW.....I'm sure loving that heart made of roses!

    xoxo Karen Lee

    ReplyDelete
  22. Your BEAUTIFUL card has just blown me away, Clare! I actually gasped when I saw the picture. You are truly a fantastic designer and I envy your talent. Your style is mine to a capital letter T!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Wow! What an awesome card! I love all of the roses and the heart you used. It all just looks so fabulous together. Hugs, dj1952

    ReplyDelete
  24. Oh my Clare I am totally in awe of your fantastic creations. This is stunning I think its a perfect take on the sketch. Love it.

    Ali x

    ReplyDelete
  25. Absolutely adorable! It almost looks edible! Haaa

    ReplyDelete
  26. Wow...I never thought to use those mini flowers in such a way before!! May have to "borrow" your idea some day!! Fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  27. OH MY!!! This card is so romantic and I love it!!! Simply breath taking!!!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Hey Clare! What a pretty approach to this week's Tuesday Trigger in the Moxie Fab World! Thanks so much for playing along! :)

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments, thanks!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.