WMSC30

Saturday, January 15, 2011


I hope you're enjoying your weekend, it's raining cats and dogs here and the wind is howling but it's mild and that's much better than snow and frozen pipes! : ) Here's my offering for this week's new sketch at the Waltzingmouse Sketch Challenge. I have to admit I did find this one a little tricky! Here's the sketch. I think it was all the boxes that threw me!


I feel like I'm having a few off days in terms of my creativity, not loving the results. Anyway, I'll plough on and hopefully my mojo will return soon!


The pretty pink hearts I stamped using the Sweethearts set from Waltzingmouse Stamps in rose bud ink. The 'guess who?' sentiment is from the same stamp set. I used Text-It from Waltzingmouse Stamps to stamp the text panel. I do love my pink and white baker's twine, I finally found (thanks to Pauline!) a great store that has lots of pretty colors and ships to Ireland The Ribbon Reel. My fav's are aqua, yellow, green, pink... you'll be seeing it quite a bit here!


The background paper is from I luv u the papers from MKC at the Digichick. Ok, don't forget to check out the fabulous designs from the rest of the team!! There's a fabulous selection to inspire you!

Oh and don't forget the friends of Waltzingmouse Blog Waltz on Jan17th, the theme is Valentines/Love!! Do join us, it's always lots of fun! : )

Supplies:


Card/Paper: White card, I luv u the papers by MKC at the Digichick
Stamps: Sweethearts and Text-It from Waltzingmouse Stamps
Ink: Memento Rose Bud
Other: Pink baker's twine, buttons, sewing machine, sticky fixers.

10 comments

  1. Very clever way to follow the sketch... really pretty! Robin

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love love your take on the sketch, Clare! beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Clare, this is so gorgeous, you certainly haven't lost your mojo! I love the bakers twine, I will have to get all the other colours too from them, and they are now stocking seam binding whooppee! it's a howling gale here too, loads of rain, sky's grey yuck! All the more reason to craft;-0 xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, I guess you sent the snow over to us Clare! we had over a foot on Wednesday! Love the twine on your hanging hearts - and your card is so pretty in pink!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well I'm loving this card ... Beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think you're creativity is just fine! This is such a soft and pretty Valentine. I like how you've used the twine to suggest the rectangular shapes! Pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my...pink....and a clever but above all a gorgeous take on this weeks' sketch. Your hearts are fabulous; so lovely! I love the shades of pink you've used!

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW!!! This is such a cool and inventive take on that sketch! I LOOOVE your card - wish I could think more like that! No wonder you're on the DT. Thanks for great inspiration! /Karin

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks so much for your comment on my WMSC30 card - it's amazing the same sketch produces such different looks. I'll be posting mine to my son shortly - hope he thinks it's cool!

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments, thanks!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.