a few cards...

Tuesday, February 22, 2011


I have a few cards in the current issue (89) of Cardmaking and Papercraft Magazine (UK) in the Quick makes section. I used some pretty papers from the Prima Jack and Jill Collection. I had to make four, this yellow and green one is my fav!


The sentiment and frame detail are from Fancy Phrases by Waltzingmouse Stamps. The flower is Prima.


Here I used Fancy Phrases again, some more pretty Prima flowers, seam binding, lace and I cut out a tiny butterfly from the papers.


The cute crochet heart is from Annie Design on Etsy, I added the little twine bow. The magazine wanted two cards for kids too using the same papers.


I added this cute daisy trim, it matched really well. The sentiment is from Half Pint Heroes by Waltzingmouse Stamps. I love this sweet girl image.


I love this color combo, I added a few extra butterfly transfers and added some cut out ones to the sentiment, which is also from Half Pint Heroes. For full details and lots more inspiration check out the current issue of Cardmaking and Papercraft Magazine.


Here they are in the magazine.

12 comments

  1. I love your beautiful cards! You have inspired me so much in my own creativity!!!

    Congrats on the published cards!!!!!

    :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow!! these are amazing ... well done Clare ...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Clare

    I bought this mag at the weekend (along with a few others!) so I will be having a peak at your projects! It must be such a thrill to see your work in print. How did it all come about - did you approach them or did they find you?

    Tina
    X

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrars on being published; so well deserved!!! It made me smile; I just wrote in my previous comment that a magazine with your work would be handy :) And your first card is my favorite too:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. thanks for the lovely comments : )

    Tina - You asked how my cards being published came about, I just sent a card in for the readers section using some papers they had free with a previous issue, they contacted me asking if I'd like to do some commissions. I was shocked and delighted, it hadn't even crossed my mind but of course I said yes. They've given me regular commissions ever since!! : )

    ReplyDelete
  6. All these cards are beautiful! Congrats on being published!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Forgot to say, Clare...I have something for you on my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Clare

    Thanks so much for answering my question. I'm not surprised they keep commissions coming your way - your work is so gorgeous and certainly inspires me.

    Whether I might be brave enough to do it one day too - ooh don't know my confidence just went flying out the window!!!!!

    Thanks again Clare

    Tina
    X

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'd like to invite you to add your banner to our Digital Scrapbooking Topsite. It's free to sign up. Hope to see you there


    Free Digital Scrapbooking

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely set of cards Clare, I haven't read my copy yet, I must grab half an hour to myself today without the kids!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congrats on getting published! The cards are just beautiful and certainly deserve to be in a magazine :)

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments, thanks!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.