glittered heart

Tuesday, February 1, 2011


It's a lovely bright day here and I had a little time today to do some crafting. So I made this card for a couple of challenges, the colors are for the CR84FN Color Challenge (CR84FN13) and this week at the City Crafter Challenge Blog the theme is 'All you need is Love' (use the word 'Love' or a heart). Here's the color palette, I did find it a little tricky, this is my second attempt!!



This card is actually as close to clean and simple as I can get! I stamped the entire background with Text-It from Waltzingmouse Stamps in True Red. The doily I covered in a fine red glitter (I'm still finding glitter on my desk and face!!)


The sentiment is from Sweethearts by Waltzingmouse Stamps and I stamped it onto a Spellbinders double ended tag. I added a couple of brown brads to the ends.


I've had this little vintage earring for ages, it was just the perfect touch of turquoise for my card. I don't use brown that much but I did have a little brown seam binding to make a bow!


The centre of the heart is another doily that I cut the centre out of. I did add a little turquoise Baker's twine behind the sentiment, I don't know if you can see that in the photo! I hope you're having a nice day!

Supplies:


Card/Paper: White card
Stamps: Sweethearts and Text-It from Waltzingmouse Stamps
Ink: Ink it Up True Red, Black Archival
Other: Heart shaped doily, ultra fine red glitter, glue pad, brown brads, foam pads, turquoise baker's twine, brown seam binding, vintage earring, silicone glue, Spellbinders double ended tags, die cutting machine.

25 comments

  1. This is fabulous Clare and the heart is amazing with the glitter added hhhhmmmm I need those text stamps now lol.

    ali x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous card! Love the red heart doily, text background, ribbon, and vintage earring...so pretty!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Claire
    stunning gorgeous card ...wow factor
    hugs
    sylvie
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Clare - this is absolutely gorgeous! I think the backing paper is fab, and the doily is amazing, with that little touch of turquoise!! Thanks for playing along with CR84FN this week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Clare

    How gorgeous is this card! Love the sparkly red heart and your vintage earring finishes it off nicely!

    Tina
    X

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous heart Clare! Love the shimmery doily heart! Thanks for playing along with CR84FN :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. stunning card, Clare! love love the glittered doily! so very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So cute! Love all those vintage earrings you have.

    ReplyDelete
  9. *SWOON* I am officially in love with this card!!! Clare, what a GORGEOUS creation!!! Great job! Thanks for joining us at CR84FN! Hope you can join us again next week!

    ReplyDelete
  10. SO pretty, love the jewel center, thanks for playing along with us at CCCB!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the heart doily and bling on your boThanks for playing at CR84FN! :)w.

    ReplyDelete
  12. All this glitter is just FABULOUS! And that vintage earring is absolutely perfect. Isn't it wonderful to have little treasures like that .. always there when you need them. Beautiful card.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Clare, this is FABULOUS! LOVE the glitter heart! LOVE that turquoise earring! LOVE the text! THX for playing with us at CR84FN!

    ReplyDelete
  14. These are tough colors to bring together, but you did so beautifully. The stamped background looks great behind the glittered doily. You are braver than I for adding all that glitter since I know I would tire of finding red fairy dust around my house.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Excellent!! Adorable card .... beautifully done once again ... thanks ever so much for playing along with us at CCCB ... have a lovely day

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is absolutely amazing! I am in love with your card! Fabulous!!! I love glitter too and always laugh when I find it in odd places, days after I've used it!! great use of colors for the challenge!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Clare, this is STUNNING. I love love LOVE the glittery doily, and your little earring is the perfect hint of turquoise!! Thanks for playing with CR84FN again!

    ReplyDelete
  18. OMG that glittered heart; I put this one in MY favrites folder if you don't mind :). Your card is STUNNING! I am always "trouble" with red but you're fabulous in using it!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh my goodness, this is absolutely exquisite Clare. fabby!!
    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  20. Beautiful valentine, love the glittery doily. Thanks for playing at CR84FN!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Sweet card, Clare! LOVE all the glitter! Thanks for playing with CR84FN!

    ReplyDelete
  22. What a beautiful card.. I love that red heart shaped doilie.. Thanks so much for joining us at CCCB!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Beautiful! I love the sparkling goodness of that red heart shaped doily! Thank you for joining us at CCCB!

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments, thanks!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.