ready for spring!

Monday, February 28, 2011


It's been lovely here the past few days, sunny and dry and the forecast is good for the rest of the week. The signs of spring are all over the garden, there's lots of lovely flower bulbs peeping through, including tulips! I love tulips they give such an injection of color to the garden, I have them in big pots scattered throughout the garden. So to get you in the mood for spring Paper Garden Projects have some beautiful digital stamps Spring Blooms 2 Digital Stamps, including these beautiful tulips, fabulous daffodils and lots more. I used the colors from this week's color challenge at CR84FN for my card, I love this color combination!



For the tulips I printed three of the images and colored with acrylic paints (watered down for a watercolor effect). Once dry I cut them out, I cut two of the images in half so I could arrange the flowers as I liked on the card. I used foam pads to create a 3D effect.


I happened to have the perfect shade of green grosgrain ribbon in my stash. The sentiment on the double ended tag is from Half Pint Heroes by Waltzingmouse Stamps. I also added a little pink and white baker's twine from The Ribbon Reel and some green brads.


The papers are from a paper pad that came free with Quick Cards magazine and another with Cardmaking and Papercraft magazine a while ago.


I love how this one turned out, reminds me of all the beauty to come in the garden! So, pop over to Paper Garden Projects and have a look at these gorgeous digital stamps and get ready for the joys of spring! : )

Supplies:


Card/Paper: White card, papers from Pink Petticoat Vintage Rose Collection free with Quick Cards magazine 
Stamps: Spring Blooms 2 from Paper Garden Projects, Half Pint Heroes from Waltzingmouse Stamps
Ink: Black Archival Ink
Other: Acrylic paints, Spellbinders double ended tags, die-cutting machine, green grosgrain ribbon, pink and white baker's twine, green brads, lace, sewing machine, button.

31 comments

  1. Oh, this is so so beautiful card!! So delicate! I love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Once upon a springtime... wow, love this card, sweetie, you are too talnted for words!
    Such a lovely masterpiece, delichious colours and magnificent details. WOW! :)

    hugs,
    Hanna

    ReplyDelete
  3. Clare, this is absolutely gorgeous!! I think you've made a sale over at Paper Garden - that's a delicious set!! Your coloring of these tulips is so realistic - I think this is a winner!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely AMAZING!!! Love everything about your beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is gorgeous, love the bunch of tulips.xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is beyond stunning!! A winner for sure ... it is absolutely fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very beautiful Clare!!! Love those fabulous tulips! Gorgeous work! Wonderful take on the challenge colors! So glad you played along with CR84FN!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Perfect use of this weeks colors. I love the sweet Tulips. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow Clare - this is so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This card drew my attention over at Splitcoast and with a little closer look I can see how marvelous it is! Certainly does make me wish for Spring a little sooner! A beautiful creation, Clare!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very pretty card Claire! You did an wonderful job coloring those tulips! Love the added dimension! Thanks for playing along with CR84FN :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous! Love the tulips! They look real!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. a beautiful card, those flowers are so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Stunning card, I have those papers too and nearly used them. I love the tulip image, it's coloured so beautifully.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Very pretty spring card. I love your tulips they are my favourite springtime flowers, and yours look so realistic x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh Clare, this is just BEAUTIFUL! LOVE LOVE LOVE your tulips and how they POP off the card! THX for playing with us at CR84FN!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Gorgeous card, Clare! Your bouquet of tulips are simply lovely! Thanks so much for joining us at CR84FN!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Just breathtaking Clare - just perfect for Spring! :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Clare - this is fabulous. Love the tulips - so soft and pretty. Thanks for playing along with CR84FN this week!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Clare this is gorgeous. The tulips look so real and I love your take on this weeks' colors! Thanks so much for playing along at CR84FN!
    It's good to have you here!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hi Clare
    love the tulips
    stunning as per usual...love them all
    hugs
    sylvie
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  22. This is really gorgeous! You painted the tulips perfectly!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. This card IS spring, it's beautiful! I love how you coloured your tulips, they turned out amazing! Thank you so much for playing with us at CR84FN!

    ReplyDelete
  24. I agree with everyone else-your delicately painted tulips are just beautiful, and the colours are just amazing,
    Really stunning Clare,
    Love Sarita xx

    ReplyDelete
  25. So pretty! Spring has really sprung with your beautiful card. I can't get over those magnificent tulips. Your treatment of them is simply sublime!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Really nice job on this card. It does beckon spring to arrive. Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Clare, I really love this card! the tulips are so beautiful! do you have anything blooming in your garden yet? Have a lovely weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  28. That is absolutely beautiful. I am only sorry that it has taken me so long to find this delightful blog. I'll be back.

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments, thanks!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.