Victorian Frippery flowers

Saturday, February 26, 2011


Sorry things have been a little quiet around here, I've been doing some major spring cleaning in my craft room, I'm half way through, it's exhausting. One half of the room looks good though, nice n' organized, the other half... well there's lots of piles and heaps!! All to be sorted! Anyway, here's my card for this week's Waltzingmouse Sketch Challenge and here's the sketch (WMSC36).


I also combined the sketch with the color challenge #181 at Color Combos Galore, I just loved the soft muted colors and I adore lemon!


If you know me at all you know I love making flowers, so I had a go at making some stamped flowers this week using Waltzingmouse Stamps.


I used two of the shapes from Victorian Frippery to make the petals, I snipped between the petals just a little and shaped them slightly. I layered two of the larger shapes with the smaller one on top and added a pearl centre. For the leaves I used the leaf motif from Frame-It and just scored a line down the centre.


I cut a label from cardboard using Spellbinders Labels 14 die, sloshed a bit of paint about, added the sentiment from Fancy Phrases and threaded some twine through the end.


During my clear out I stumbled upon some lemon eyelet lace fabric (broderie anglaise) so I just folded a piece and stitched the top and added it to my card. The lovely papers I used are from the new Prima Botanical collection. For the top section I just used the swiss dots embossing folder on some beige card and sanded the raised bits.

Don't forget to pop on over to the Waltzingmouse Sketch Challenge blog for some more inspiration from the Mischief Makers and WMS DT. Oh AND there's some NEW Waltzingmouse STAMPS being released on March 1st.... I can't wait.... there's 5 new sets!!!! Luckily it's my birthday this weekend... so I can treat myself!!
: )

Supplies:


Card/Paper: White card, beige card, Prima Botanical Collection Papers, cardboard
Stamps: Frame-It, Victorian Frippery, Fancy Phrases all Waltzingmouse Stamps
Ink: Yellow Ink, Black Archival Ink
Other: Twine, lemon seam binding, lace, lemon broderie anglaise, picot ribbon, white acrylic paint, sewing machine, die-cutting machine, Spellbinders Labels 14, Swiss Dots embossing folder, flat backed pearls, pearl trinket pin.

14 comments

  1. The flowers are brilliant!! Lovely card again ... I'm so thrilled to be awarded one of the Top Mouse awards too ... Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  2. Clare - this is really pretty - lovely soft colours, and those flowers are super!! Hope you get the rest of the craft room sorted soon - it's a great feeling when it's done!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely so soft and pretty :):):)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful, I love those flowers, I would never have thought to use that stamp! Great inspiration once again xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely card! Light and fresh. You did a great job with the flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your flowers and splashes of paint on this Clare! have a wonderful b'day GF!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a brilliant idea to create flowers and the result is gorgeous! I love the colors of the card; I can feel that spring is coming ( although it's still clouded and cold here)
    Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So pretty Clare. Love the soft colors and those flowers. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely Clare! I love your handmade flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  10. what a gorgeous take on the sketch, Clare!! love the colors and your flowers are so pretty! love love this!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a soft and pretty take on the sketch! I love the flowers and that eyelet fabric at the bottom is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous card, Clare. It is so soft and dreamy. :D

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments, thanks!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.