Butterfly card

Monday, March 14, 2011


My second post for today, if you're here for my Shabby Tea Room post scroll down. I'm a big fan of butterflies and I spotted a dedicated Butterfly Blog Linky Party at Eva Dobilas blog and I just had to play along. Who doesn't love butterflies. I've lots of work to do but when I feel like I'm loosing my mojo I make a card for fun... no pressure on what the end result looks like!!


The gorgeous butterfly die cut is from Marianne Design, I love it but it's a little tricky to remove from the die sometimes. The papers I used are from the Prima Melody collection. I added a little bit of bling to the centre.


For the sentiment from Frame-It by Waltzingmouse Stamps I layered up some of the sweet banners from Bitty Banners by Waltzingmouse Stamps, I love the sweet polka dots!!


I layered pieces of soft turquoise and pink lace and threaded some buttons in similar tones on some natural twine.


For the panel at the bottom I used some of the pink paper from Prima Melody and embossed it with the Swiss dots embossing folder and lightly sanded the tops of the dots. I love this soft color combo!!

Oh, don't forget the Friends of Waltzingmouse Blog Waltz (hop) on Thursday March 17th - St.Patrick's Day is the theme!! Oh and Claire has a fabby FREE St.Patrick's Day digi on her blog for you to use, so go grab it! : )

Supplies:


Card/Paper: White card, Prima Melody Collection
Stamps: Frame-It, Bitty Banners from Waltzingmouse Stamps
Ink: Memento Angel Pink, Black Archival ink, TH distress ink - antique linen
Other: Twine, lace, buttons, Marianne Design Creatables butterfly die, die cutting machine, swiss dots embossing folder, sewing machine.

21 comments

  1. Another lovely card, Clare. The colours are delish, and such sweet embellishments too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gor-just butterfly .. pretty lace trims and buttons -- so 'Clare' :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful vintage card, like the soft colors and gorgeous butterfly!

    Hugs Corine

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous!! I love the soft colors with your fabulous distressing, fun buttons, and stunning butterfly!! WOW!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sooo pretty again!!!
    Love your butterfly - have to think about buying this die for me, too :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card, Clare. Gorgeous colour combination. I too love butterflies and they seem to end up on almost every card I make. :o)

    Off to check out the butterfly link.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely card and such a beautiful butterfly, very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  8. wonderful vintage butterfly card, lovely. tfs janna

    ReplyDelete
  9. So beautiful! I love butterflies, too; and this one is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I LOVE the papers! I am going to have to check those out...and that butterfly is gorgeous too. Very detailed. Beautiful card overall!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Truly beautiful. Every layer, element and color just gives soft beauty.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Another beautiful creation Clare ...

    ReplyDelete
  13. Green and pink and a gorgeous butterfly; that's a guarantee for a gorgeous card :)
    I also have some dies from Marianne. A few weeks ago I heard from someone to cut a butterfly and leave it in your die. Cut your second one and that one will be easy to remove from the die. Just a tip....

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a beautiful butterfly card just stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  15. LOve your card, very pretty colors, I have the same die and put some ejectionfoam from my quickutzdies in it.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh my goodness Clare! *LOVE*

    That butterfly die is quite wonderful and I adore your pink banners from WMS!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Clare
    your cards are all soooo beautiful love the soft colours ...i have this butterfly but not used yet ....hugs ]
    sylvie
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wonderful card! I like the colors, the paper and all the embellishments!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love your butterfly card....I have that die as well and have no problem removing it...I dust the die with the static buddy thingy and it comes out fairly easily.....two butterflies one on top of the other are even more stunning I might say. Delicate, yes, but so worth it....having not checked the size of it I was a bit surprised at it's size...may also go for a smaller one soon....got one of the branch leaves as well and love it....sent for a doilie today. HOpe you have had a great day today.

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments, thanks!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.