Cameo and coffee dyed lace

Tuesday, March 8, 2011



I finally got a chance to play with my new Waltzingmouse Stamps, these Vintage Labels 18 are definitely my favorite!! There's so many gorgeous elements in this set, here I layered two labels, I cut them by hand because I don't have the matching dies yet but it was very easy. I love the shape so much I decided to make a feature out of it with a cut out.


I used some Bay Leaf seam binding from The Ribbon Reel that I scrunched up a bit, made a double bow, added a button, tag and trinket pin.... inspired by Melissa Phillips of course!! The sentiment is from Teeny Trees by Waltzingmouse Stamps.


The cameo I made using white Fimo and a silicone mold. I painted it with acrylic paint. The new Vintage Labels 18 from Waltzingmouse Stamps make a perfect setting for my cameo!! Just the right size!!


The color combo for this one was completely random, just stuff that was on my desk. I had been messing around with dyeing lace and ribbon with coffee (like the lace I used here) and the seam binding had just arrived in the post, I saw them next to each other and thought those colors look interesting together!! And here's the result!! The papers are Prima Botanical (I love this paper pack!!)

Supplies:


Card/Paper: White card, Prima Botanical Papers, Laura Ashley Paper (inside)
Stamps: Vintage Labels 18 and Teeny Trees from Waltzingmouse Stamps
Ink: Black Archival ink, VersaMagic Sage, Memento Danube Blue mixed with Sage, TH Distress Ink Antique Linen
Other: Bay Leaf seam binding, trinket pin, fimo, silicone mold, acrylic paint, lace, coffee, picot ribbon, pearls, button, sewing machine, Spellbinders tags trio, die cutting machine, sticky fixers.

14 comments

  1. ooo it's gorgeous!!! Can't wait to get my hand on my stamps..

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW Clare's this is stunning, love the colours and cameo.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Clare, this is so beautiful, that words cannot tell!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is stunning Clare, like Wedgewood pottery! I really like the cameos you make, they are so unique, I don't think I've seen anyone make these yet, you may start a trend here!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is more than interesting ... it is pure beauty ... I love how you dyed the lace too ... and as always your cameo is gorgeous .... and the beautiful label she sits on couldn't be more perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous card, Clare! Love the button, bow and pin together.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful and elegant card, love the cameo!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The blue is lovely with your dyed lace Clare! I finally made some of my cameo's last night - how fun are they! Love how yours looks framed with the labels!

    ReplyDelete
  9. My mother had this small blue/white box of Wedgewood Pottery. Very elegant and a real classic collectors' item. And this stunning card reminds me of it. It brought back some sweet memories of my mum; she died 27 years ago...
    Off track; I'm sorry.
    Really Clare; I can write a comment as long as a bookpage but I'll keep it short...I love every piece and bit of this jewel. Such a treasure!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very pretty card, Clare. I love the cameo!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wowzers! This is fantabulous Clare! The cameo captivated me right away and then I saw the gorgeous lace and seam binding. Beautiful colors! Always a delight to see your work. :-) Amy

    ReplyDelete
  12. This one is really gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments, thanks!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.