Cameo and vintage lace (WMSC37)

Saturday, March 5, 2011



Good morning, I'm back with my card for this week's new sketch at the Waltzingmouse Sketch Challenge. A fairly straight forward sketch this week, I added a few extra bits! Here's the sketch. (WMSC37)


I also used this week's colors from Color Combos Galore #182. 


I just love this soft muted color palette!! Isn't it gorgeous!!


The cameo I made from white Fimo and a silicone mold and painted with some acrylic paints. It's layered on a piece of cream flower trim. The label is stamped in Sage using Holiday Labels No.14 by Waltzingmouse Stamps and the sentiment is from Fancy Phrases also Waltzingmouse Stamps.


I stamped one of the layers in Sage using Text-It from Waltzingmouse Stamps. The gorgeous vintage lace (seriously amazing details in it) I received in a lace swap from the lovely Sylvia Nelson a while ago. The pearl trinket pins I made.

Pop over to the Waltzingmouse Sketch Challenge and check out the amazing creations from the team, Oh AND there's some exciting news!! We have a wonderful new Mischief Maker joining the team.... and I'm a big fan.... go on over and find out who it is!! ; )

Supplies:

Card/Paper: Cream card, Prima Melody Papers, grey card, Smitten K&Co Papers
Stamps: Text-It, Fancy Phrases and Holiday Labels No.14 all from Waltzingmouse Stamps
Ink: VersaMagic Sage, TH Distress Ink Antique Linen
Other: White Fimo, acrylic paint, trinket pins, vintage lace, button, twine, flower trim, seam binding, sewing machine, Spellbinders Labels 14, Die-Cutting machine, green satin ribbon, tea dyed gauze bandage.

12 comments

  1. It's absolutely gorgeous! LOVE the cameo, love the muted colors from the challenge, love the lace....I LOVE Everything.
    Hugs and smiles

    ReplyDelete
  2. a lovely card Clare, the cameo is a beautiful touch.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful as always - the cameo brings a memory of my mother! Thank you for that!! Hugs, antonella :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh my...This is such a stunning card! And that cameo...You did that!!?? That is beautiful!! Love the soft colors too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Clare!
    I just found your blog and I have to tell you, that I´m impressed by your cards - they´re sooo beautiful - pure eyecandy! I became your follower a few minutes ago... I don´t want to miss a single card in the future :-)
    I saw that you live in Ireland - my husband and I dream of visiting your country one day!
    Have a great Sunday!
    Greetings from Vienna/Austria,
    Ulina

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is just stunning Clare! Love your cameo and all the wonderful lace!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I sooo LOVE your cameo's !! beautiful card.

    ReplyDelete
  8. And yes; into my favorites folder it goes. Jaw dropping beautiful!!!! You're so very talented and I think this is one of your best creations ever. Love it to pieces :)Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful card! I've always loved cameos!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Soooo pretty ... love your cameo nestling in that flower and the whole thing is just so soft and pretty

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love that cameo tucked away in the flower! The colors are so soft and pretty, too! Great job on the sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your card is absolutely lovely!! The fact that you made the cameo is just amazing. Love the soft colors and the vintage lace.

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments, thanks!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.