Cheery banner!

Saturday, March 26, 2011


Hello! Sorry it's been a little quiet around here, I didn't have as much time as I'd like crafting during the week. I finally managed to get rid of the chest infection that was hanging on to me. It was driving me nuts that it was sunny and dry outside and I couldn't do any gardening! My poor little Isabelle wasn't well either and needed lots more love and attention but she's on the mend now. She helped me plant some bedding plants and sow some seeds in the garden today, we even saw some butterflies fluttering about! Anyway, here's my card for this week's Waltzingmouse Sketch Challenge (WMSC40), I think it has a spring/summer feel to it! Here's this week's sketch.


Usually when I see a color palette with really bright colors I'd avoid it but I decided to give this one from The Color Room a go. I'm glad I did, my card turned out really cheery!


The 'oh so cute' crochet flowers are from fellow Irish lady Carmen at Annie Design on Etsy.... oh she has the most adorable crochet butterflies, I just got some, I LOVE them, they're just so sweet!! I added the little daisy buttons to the centers of the flowers.


For the banner I used Vintage Banners from Waltzingmouse Stamps stamped in yellow. The pink paper is from Honey-Pie by Cosmo Cricket, I stamped a little text on it in white using Text-It also from Waltzingmouse Stamps.


The sentiment is also from Vintage Banners by Waltzingmouse Stamps, I stamped it directly using black ink. I added a little white acrylic paint around the edges of the card and banner.


Apologies for the poor photos, the sun had gone down when I took the photos, so the lighting is artificial. You have to check out the fabulous creations from the rest of the Mischief Makers and some of the WMS DT at the Waltzingmouse Sketch Challenge, they're amazing!!  Have a fabulous weekend!!

Supplies:


Card/Paper: White card, Honey-Pie by Cosmo Cricket
Stamps: Vintage Banners and Text-It from Waltzingmouse Stamps
Ink: Black Archival Ink, Impress Lemon yellow
Other: Crochet flowers from Annie Design at Etsy, red gingham ribbon, white seam binding, white acrylic paint, daisy buttons, sewing machine.

10 comments

  1. This is gorgeous Clare! Those colours are certainly cheerful! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Clare - this is wonderful. Such bright and cheerful colours, and the banner is just fab!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad that you are both on the mend ... a lovely card again ...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sweet card! Stay well to you and your daughter.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous Clare! The colors are so wonderful - I love the visit The Color Room blog ... they always have the most beautiful inspiration. Your card is the perfect example - thanks for sharing!

    I hope you and your little one feel better soon. You are so lucky to be thinking of gardening - it's 23 degrees F here ... the icicles aren't even melting!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm glad to read that both of you are recovering and feeling a bit better.
    Your card is so bright and happy; I love the vibrant colors and yes....this is spring!
    I love love love that banner!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh this is so sweet, Clare! I love those cheery colors and the way they make the gingham ribbon really pop! Love the crocheted flowers, too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous card, Clare. Photo's are perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love, love, LOVE this, Clare, especially your bold use of the color story and those fantastic, layered bows! Yummy!

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments, thanks!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.